Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 65

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Espressoman007

#641: Post by Espressoman007 »

This is a really nice and useful addition, video manual for how to reassembly and assembly the grinder. Well done Option-O.

Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjGm0LANC0M

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#642: Post by TenLayers »

I see that they now have a US distributor.
https://www.option-o.com/news/2020/7/31 ... coffee-usa

foam2

#643: Post by foam2 »

If lagom made a conical in a similar form factor I would buy that too - their flat is a joy to use.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#644: Post by baristainzmking replying to foam2 »

They did, conical was their first grinder. Much bigger with huge 83mm burrs. HSM Electric 83mm Conical Burr Coffee Grinder.

https://www.option-o.com/shop/hsm-83mm- ... ee-grinder
Julia

foam2

#645: Post by foam2 »

Missed that boat - hope they will offer it again. It looks like a motorized version of the hg-1?

TallDan

#646: Post by TallDan replying to foam2 »

Actually, HSM stands for Helor Stance Motor. I'ts a motorized version of Helor Stance hand grinder. Review here:
Helor Stance Motor - a 83mm conical single dosing grinder - First Look

Eklektik

#647: Post by Eklektik »

foam2 wrote:If lagom made a conical in a similar form factor I would buy that too - their flat is a joy to use.
Have you used the Niche Zero? The workflow of the Niche is amazing and one of the things that really makes me hold of from getting the Lagom still. Their workflows don't seem that different tho aside from the RDT for the Lagom

yoshi005

#648: Post by yoshi005 »

You do not need RDT when working with the LAGOM. After 3 to 5 kg of use the static will have disappeared. Workflow is great. I had conical grinders before, but with very light roasts, the taste from the LAGOM is much better for me.
LMWDP #453

foam2

#649: Post by foam2 »

I have a niche but would like to get something more robust.

dozer

#650: Post by dozer »

hey guys, after a few weeks i received my brew burrs and have a question. I switch from high uniformity to brew burrs. the burr change was an absolute pain in the ass. tho there is a video it took me about 45 mins or so. maybe I'm too stupid, but getting the lower disc out of the lagom is very annoying.

anyway: my rub point was almost excatly on zero (where the red sticker is located too) and now its about 2-3 small lines below that. guess thats normal? i had about 2,5kg with my high uniformitys and every grind was a pleasure. now i tried some light-medium filter roast with the new installed brew burrs yesterday and it seems like i can't grind fine enough. i have a lelit bianca and a PI was nearly impossible. with having the paddle almost fully closed it took about 5 secs for the first drops and the whole shot came out in like 20 secs for 50g (20g in). it was quite tasty, but I'm not sure if i need to grind finer, what i can't do at the moment. will that change with running a few kilos through the grinder, like did someone have the same problem? i didn't have any problems with the high uniformitys (yes i know the geometry is something completely different, it's my first time with brew burrs ;))

beside that i'm super happy with the grinder. its built like a tank, super easy to use, extremely quiet and always a pleasure coming to the kitchen and seeing this beautiful thing :)