Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 57

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Peter_SVK

#561: Post by Peter_SVK »

Espressoman007 wrote:I am really glad and happy that all of you were given information and that you are obviously in contact with Hayden all the time (Peter_SVK certainly is)...
I'm in touch with Hayden long time before 2nd pre-orders have started because of interesting technical discussion, e.g. also about roller balls (I'm mechanical designer/engineer too with an experience with some serious grinder modifications :wink: ).

Abu-Hatim

#562: Post by Abu-Hatim »

@Foam2 yeah I saw the video and thanks for posting. I may join you in keto world next month.

smite

#563: Post by smite »

Just a bit of an update since my earlier posts on using the grinder. I have switched it into my daily workflow and have been making about 6=8 shots a day with it at home and it works very well. The workflow is a dream and even when switching out beans minimal grind adjustment is needed even though I am sure i have not come close to full break in. I will also add that my wife and daughter feel that the experience of using this grinder is significantly easier with better results compared to any other grinder we have.

I hope others receive them soon. Over the coming weeks I will be doing side by side tests as mentioned if folks are interested.

Abu-Hatim

#564: Post by Abu-Hatim »

Hey @smite glad to hear that you enjoying your lagom I know I will :twisted:

As long as you have other grinders why not! Won't be fair to lagom since it hasn't been broken in yet but yeah I am very interested in hearing the results.

dozer

#565: Post by dozer »

delivery update: no delivery update

:cry:

bbmm75

#566: Post by bbmm75 »

Mine arrived last week July 8th. I had paid the deposit on April 11th within first 5 mins after the opening. I received email from them on June 22nd that they are ready to ship it. I paid the final remainder money on June 26th. Also note that I had asked them to delay my shipping since I was going to be out of town. So please don't get confused about why mine took so long. Mine was a special request which I told them to ship it later.

First of all big thank you to Hayden from Option-O for excellent email communications and taking time to address all of my queries and concerns. Kudos to them. Since I was out of town last week and had to ask a mate to pick up the parcel from my place after the delivery. The DHL took only 3 days to deliver from China to USA. Also I received the tracking info by DHL via text message as that is how I found out the parcel is on its way.

Finally I got a chance to play a little bit this week. I only did few Pour Overs so haven't done Espresso shots yet as I don't have Espresso machine but most likely going to get Hand Espresso soon. This looks stonkingly beautiful. There is no doubt about it. Mine was with SSP Red Speed Unimodal burrs.

I thought I can post all the photos with higher resolution from my Fuji Film camera for anyone wanting to get an idea of what the grinder looks like from unboxing to the final display. The inner box had hard plastic corner pockets that way it is protected from getting squashed. Also the foam layout used inside to lay the equipment is of nicer material and not that crumbly one which disintegrate.

I know others have posted some of the photos and I hope it is not any nuisance of me to post again. I also hope this shows how beautiful all the way from the packaging, accessories and the final product is.

That additional grey coloured item next to the small dosing cup is the felt case for my Helor 101 which they were super kind enough to send it to me as free of cost since I requested them to add during the delivery.

I also received a separate email with User Manual and Quick Start Guide. So that was very helpful.

Here are the photos. Enjoy!

LMWDP #680

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#567: Post by TenLayers »

So I wonder if the only difference in the chute is length between mine, the second shipment, and this iteration? Or maybe it's the same length but without the web back to the body?

Peter_SVK

#568: Post by Peter_SVK »

Size comparison to MK E65S plus some custom modification.

foam2

#569: Post by foam2 »

Mine was from the last batch and it has the longer chute as well.

bbmm75

#570: Post by bbmm75 »

Peter_SVK wrote:Size comparison to MK E65S plus some custom modification.
Oh wow.. Interesting. what other custom modification have you done? The one I see is the Grind Markings are on top of that locking ring and it has another circular ridge.
LMWDP #680