Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 56

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Espressoman007

#551: Post by Espressoman007 »

I don't get it why you don't understand what I am writing Peter_SVK and what is the issue for me. I DON'T THINK HAYDEN WILL NOT SEND THE GRINDER EVENTUALLY! I NEVER WROTE IT OR EVEN THOUGHT OF IT!
I am sure I will have it!
I don't like to repeat myself (repeating for the third time), but obviously I will have to do it again.
If I thought that there was a slight possibility of a fraud then I wouldn't order in the first place! But I know it is not!
So it's really not nice to twist my words.

I am a very flexible person and I am willing to participate in ten changes to the agreement if necessary without any problem, as long as I am informed promptly. When I start to be ignored then the story is over! That's the limit a salesperson should know!

If there was a communication between us I wouldn't be here at all, I would get all necessary information in time from the seller!

Cheers!

foam2

#552: Post by foam2 »

Everyone understood you multiple times - you didn't get the communication you thought was appropriate. Not sure what else you need to convey? You talk about another grinder vendor exchanging 80 emails before a purchase - it is not common first of all and who has that amount of time and energy for one sale? I suppose if you wanted that level of communication you should have purchased from that vendor. You would need to spend over a thousand dollars more plus those units are not shipping until the end of 2020. Several people have tried to convey and put you at ease they received the units they purchased and had no doubt you would receive yours as well.

Peter_SVK

#553: Post by Peter_SVK »

I'm still in touch with Hayden and I'm allowed to quote from our today's e-mail to bring some light into the shipment:

"We recently read about the posts on HB and just realised what was going on and the misunderstanding that has been going on. We just reached out to the other customer to explain, but we thought we should let you know also. For your grinder, we can confirm with our reputation on the line that it was in fact one of the first one that got sent out."

"To clarify our shipment process - we ship our grinders to a export distribution center where the parcel is processed for export and handed over to the final courier. We sent the grinder in lots of 20 from our workshop each time to make the process more efficient. As the parcel was handled this way, there is some delay before we get our tracking number from the courier. After the parcel has been processed at the distribution center, sometimes there are differences in the transit time too, which mainly depends on the frequency of the commercial flight. That is probably why you saw some parcels were delivered sooner than the others, but in fact they were dispatched from our workshop the same day and were paid with the same service. There was no preferential treatment at all as suggested. However, we regret that transit/processing time is beyond our control and is also often unpredictable from our end."

Espressoman007

#554: Post by Espressoman007 »

I am really glad and happy that all of you were given information and that you are obviously in contact with Hayden all the time (Peter_SVK certainly is). That must be the reason why he didn't have time to reach to me with one simple important information. I am really happy for you :)

Dear Foam, you just described in your previous post how you skip importing things into US, your suitcase project... I am also happy for that and I am happy that I do pay all necessary taxes :)

And for the end of this topic I will add something (again).
I'VE NEVER ASKED FOR AN ADVICE, but there are always people who like to share some.
I simply asked if there were people in the same situation like me.

Obviously there are not. Here on HB, it seems I'm the only one...
It could have been very short and simple without advices which I really don't need.

So Foam, it looks like you didn't understand at all what I asked at the beginning! :)

Cheers!

foam2

#555: Post by foam2 »

I only tried to help. It's clear you have your issue. I heard you many times, there's no need to keep explaining it.

Abu-Hatim

#556: Post by Abu-Hatim »

Hi @Foam2
How you liking your lagom so far? Share your thoughts and comparisons if you have done some testing
I am waiting for mine :mrgreen: damn Covid-19
Lagom is going to change the market for sure and I'm glad I went this route instead of a niche zero hence asking about comparisons :roll:
Also, keep the thread on track please.

foam2

#557: Post by foam2 »

Hi there - I'm really enjoying it. I'm still breaking it in but so far is has been great. I posted a shaky one handed video a few pages back so check that out if you like. I decided to go back on the keto diet and it's thrown all my tastes for a loop. I'm doing some low carb and almond milk and it's thrown my stuff out of whack lol. I just bought four bags of coffee from black and white and am looking forward to trying these out. I bought my unit with the high uniformity burrs with the intention of doing some light roasts as well and so far this has not disappointed at all. I can dial in wherever i need to and it is very repeatable.

Plinyyounger
Supporter ♡

#558: Post by Plinyyounger »

Foam, sounds like the grinder has been fun so far. You mentioned keto and I won't derail the thread, however when I'm full blown keto I have found Cashew milk to be fantastic with our hobby. Better mouthfeel, taste and it's easier to steam, give it a try if you haven't yet.

Cheers

Ken
Family, coffee and fun.

foam2

#559: Post by foam2 »

Thanks Ken - I just tried a new unsweetened almond milk from costco this afternoon. Much better than the previous one I tried - thanks for the recommendation I will give it a try.

foam2

#560: Post by foam2 »

The one thing I've seen so far is some occasional surging of coffee in the chute. I will need to play around with the speed and see if that is it or a moisture/humidity issue.