Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 53

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
dak

#521: Post by dak »

foam2 wrote:Sorry for the shaky one handed video - hope this helps anyone looking at this grinder.

video
Hi George

Thanks for posting the video. If I remember correctly you also single dosed your e37s with the bellows I posted on my Eureka thread? Can you compare the flavor between the e37 and the Lagom?

Dimitri

Peter_SVK

#522: Post by Peter_SVK »

foam2 wrote:Sorry for the shaky one handed video - hope this helps anyone looking at this grinder.
I'm not sure if I've catched all prep well, but aren't you used to tamping the coffee in the basket with the tamper?

Advertisement
foam2

#523: Post by foam2 »

I use the jack leveler and haven't found the need to tamp. You can see it distributed the dose and polished the surface in one step and the view from the portafilter showed the shot coming together fairly quickly without any channeling.

Peter_SVK

#524: Post by Peter_SVK »

It's running too fast to my liking, but of course, it's up to you, especially if tastes well for you. :)

foam2

#525: Post by foam2 »

Hi Dimitri,
I was thinking the same thing on the ceado which is at work and paired it with a strega so I'm still enjoying it. I pulled a shot at work today with the same beans but obviously different machines I can tell you the shot was very good. As far as taste comparisons between the two I can only say I don't know if my tastes are that sophisticated - I don't enjoy espresso straight. Once the burrs on the lagom break in I will give it a try and let you know.

foam2

#526: Post by foam2 »

Following up on the earlier video I posted I ground coffee on the niche to compare how loud these grinders are and will add the same for the ceado next week. From the video ambient sound level was 38db, the lagom grinding was 79db and running empty was 50db. This morning with a quiet house with the niche I had 31.2db ambient, 84.3 grinding and 71.5Db running empty.

splashalot

#527: Post by splashalot »

Wow, that's impressively quiet for the Lagom. The Niche is not exactly a noisy grinder, so to better it by that much is surprising.

Advertisement
HKLA88

#528: Post by HKLA88 »

P64 is made and shipped from China so be cautious about the length of shipment time due to intense relationship between China and the US/Canada right now. It could take up to 2 months between customs.

smite

#529: Post by smite replying to HKLA88 »

Mine had no issue or delay arriving at all. I also don't think it was shipped direct from China. I received notification of shipping and it arrived within a few days....

LatteDaddy

#530: Post by LatteDaddy »

Mine arrived Thursday (Canada) and didn't appear to have any delays!

Pulled my first shot, and despite it being sub-optimal in appearance, it tasted very nice and balanced, though likely under extracted.

Looking forward to getting more familiar and proficient with it!