Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 52

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#511: Post by TenLayers »

I agree with your thinking. I was thinking if the need for "ownership" of alignment and assembly was placed squarely on them, then the hometeam would do the final assembly. But I'm not really sure the numbers we're talking about here as far as actually units made.

pwginn

#512: Post by pwginn »

So do any of the new owners want to upload some videos for us? I'd like to see some up close videos of it. There are still woefully too few videos of using the Kafatek or Weber grinders out there.

Advertisement
ira
Team HB

#513: Post by ira »

The design of the P64 is inherently aligned and an alignment check would only be used to identify defective parts. There is nothing you can do to grinders designed like this to affect alignment except shimming one or both of the burrs. Either the machines make correct parts and the grinders are essentially perfect or something went very wrong.

Ira

smite

#514: Post by smite »

So far this machine seems well made and the alignment is well done. I did my first round of comparison testing at a shot by shot level with three different beans against a Caedo E6P v2 and while both produce great espresso the Lagom was a joy from a workflow standpoint with near zero retention. I used my GS3 MP and DE1 plus for all shots.

Finally the shots were almost perfect each time with the Lagom. It took a bit more work and coffee waste to dial in on the Caedo. Results in the cup were not as different as i suspected for the dark roast with a bit more clarity and balance for 3 out of 3 blind taste tests per machine leaning towards the Lagom.

Big difference with the light roasts with the lagom bringing out floral and fruit notes that were muddled with Caedo. Still all shots with the Caedo were very enjoyable just compared to the Lagom side by side there was a noticable difference. Again 3 out of 3 shots per machine in favor of the Lagom.

i will leave it there for now as this is just a preview of these results. I will be posting with more details on machines used and roast level along with pictures for this round and other rounds of testing as I get to it.
★ Helpful

Eklektik

#515: Post by Eklektik replying to smite »

Thanks for sharing. What RPM setting did you use?

foam2

#516: Post by foam2 »

I made a video last night - very amateur sorry. Need to figure out how to post without having a YouTube channel?

dozer

#517: Post by dozer »

I think you can only embed pictures. Guess you need to have a yt or vimeo acc.

Advertisement
foam2

#518: Post by foam2 »

Sorry for the shaky one handed video - hope this helps anyone looking at this grinder.

Eklektik

#519: Post by Eklektik »

What a trooper! I would not like to even try and prep a shot with one hand, great job!

Plenty of static, you didn't use any RDT I presume?

smite

#520: Post by smite »

Eklektik wrote:Thanks for sharing. What RPM setting did you use?
I have settled on 7 as it seems to be the best balance. Plus thats the point where I can actually hear the motor enough to remember to turn it off... This thing is near silent.