Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 51

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
dozer

#501: Post by dozer »

that's what i want to see! thanks to you guys for your work, can't wait to read more :)

smite

#502: Post by smite »

First shot at setting of 6 as my zero point on this grinder seems to have been set at 2. If you find this helpful please give a thumbs up..

Beans

setting

grind

Shot- too fast - but not bad for the first shot ever with a new grinder .... I did this using my eye to judge initial grind size... The taste was a bit too astringent and sour

Shot number 2 same beans, same weight in and out just tightened the grind down to 5.3. The grinds are fluffy with a small amount of static. These are super fresh roasted to a bit on the lighter side of medium.

Grind

Decent Espresso Londinium profile result - not too bad for a second shot with a new grinder and new coffee...

The shot was a very balanced blueberry bomb with a hint of citrus, with nice body. Pulled at 18 grams in 36 grams out.

Overall I have to say in terms of ease of use and forgiveness factor it seems pretty good for day 1.

foam2

#503: Post by foam2 »

Received mine today and fit and finish are unbelievable. I walked the shots on a light roast with the high uniformity ssp burrs and the third one was close to perfect. The flavor is a lot different than the niche with the same coffee, more chocolate, sweet and syrupy. I'm really happy I was able to get one - this is going to be fun.
★ Helpful

Prodigy

#504: Post by Prodigy »

I'm hoping someone can compare this option O to a mahlkonig k30 vario.

splashalot

#505: Post by splashalot »

foam2 wrote:... The flavor is a lot different than the niche with the same coffee, more chocolate, sweet and syrupy.
Thank you George - this is really valuable info to me. I'm now 100% confident the Lagom will satisfy my preferences. Although I'm thinking black would look best next to my high-gloss Profitec Pro 700.

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#506: Post by TenLayers »

Re: Where they are made.
The website states they "build" them at their workshop which I'm assuming to be in Australia since that's where the design comes out of. So while the parts are made elsewhere, and shipped to them, the assembly is done in house and not where the parts are machined. Sounds correct?

smite

#507: Post by smite »

Prodigy wrote:I'm hoping someone can compare this option O to a mahlkonig k30 vario.
I will compare to an ek43 aligned with ssp burrs. Not quite the same but figured I would mention it.

-J

Peter_SVK

#508: Post by Peter_SVK »

TenLayers wrote:Re: Where they are made.
The website states they "build" them at their workshop which I'm assuming to be in Australia since that's where the design comes out of. So while the parts are made elsewhere, and shipped to them, the assembly is done in house and not where the parts are machined. Sounds correct?
Since the grinders are shipped from Hong-Kong, not from Australia, I don't think so ... :wink:

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#509: Post by TenLayers »

They are shipped out of Hong Kong. But again, that doesn't necessarily mean they were built in Hong Kong.

Peter_SVK

#510: Post by Peter_SVK »

1/ Keeping the price low (or make higher profit) it makes no sense to ship the machined parts from China to Australia for assembly and then back to HK just for the shippment to the customers;
2/ If the grinder were assembled in Austalia, I'm prety sure Option-O would state that proudly on their web.

But yes, in theory of logic it doesn't necessarily mean they were built in HK, but I would not bet a penny... :)