Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 49

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
valoben

#481: Post by valoben »

Peter_SVK wrote:No, Lagoms are made in limited batches on pre-orders only from Option web sites, however there are some rumours, that Option will made some more grinders for direct sale at the end of current batch.
Not just rumours, it's on the Option-O news website:
"In July, we will have a limited amount of leftover Lagom P64 ready-stock from this round up for sales on our website - configuration available will be on first come first serve basis. So if somehow you have missed the pre-order, there is still a chance to get one later on. "
LMWDP #669

Peter_SVK

#482: Post by Peter_SVK »

Right, I forgot the source of information, so rather stated as "rumours". :)

Eklektik

#483: Post by Eklektik »

The last 3 years I was using a Eureka Mignog mk2 50mm flat burr and at the start of May I got the Niche Zero. I'm really wondering if I should sell the NZ and get on the Lagom as I don't really producing tasty cups with it, imo. It is consistent and I love the workflow but at the end I'm not really impressed with the produced cup. Maybe its still seasoning since I've ran little over 3kg of beans with it. I normally get medium and medium-dark roasts and 90% of the time I'm drinking strait espresso while the other 10% is whatever pour over I happen to grab on the moment. Will the SSP Red burrs fit me? The Lagom seems good price wise as I don't know I've i'll ever be able to get my hands on a Mono.

dozer

#484: Post by dozer »

imo the upgrade is not necessary for you. especially with these roasts you should be very fine with the niche. the (uniondal) brew burrs are mostly for light/medium roasts. if you really want the lagom i'd go for standard or high uniformity. i ordered the new ones because i drink everything from light to dark.

Eklektik

#485: Post by Eklektik »

Yes, I was eyeing the HU burrs. I'm in no rush since I'm moving away from my Rocket and into levers by the end of the years so I'm sure you guys will have plenty to say about the Lagom at that point and maybe the NZ and I will get along taste wise by then. Thanks!

Peter_SVK

#486: Post by Peter_SVK »

First grinders were shipped out yet.

splashalot

#487: Post by splashalot »

Eklektik wrote:...at the start of May I got the Niche Zero. I'm really wondering if I should sell the NZ and get on the Lagom as I don't really producing tasty cups with it, imo. It is consistent and I love the workflow but at the end I'm not really impressed with the produced cup.
If it helps, you're not alone. I sold my Niche Zero after four months as I couldn't get good tasting shots from it. Both my wife and I just did not like the conical burr flavours. At all. Hence I'm in this thread and eagerly awaiting the next round of Lagom P64s. Am going back to flat burrs, which I know we both like. I'll be going for either the std burrs or the SSP high uniformity espresso burrs for that rich, rounded flat burr flavour.

foam2

#488: Post by foam2 »

I have the niche and love it - flavors are more citrus/fruit forward. The e37 has gone to work with me along with a strega. The lagom with high uniformity burrs will be on home duty with the niche and I'm looking forward to having them both. When I reached out to add the ssp unimodal burrs they told me my unit shipped and would be sending out tracking numbers shortly so sounds like they are on the way gents.

splashalot

#489: Post by splashalot »

foam2 wrote:I have the niche and love it - flavors are more citrus/fruit forward. The e37 has gone to work with me along with a strega.
Yes, agree re the citrus/foward flavours from the Niche - that's one of the reasons we didn't like.

How does your Ceado E37 compare to the Niche in terms of flavour, George? A Ceado E37SD is my plan B if I miss out on a Lagom P64.

foam2

#490: Post by foam2 »

The ceado is great, more chocolate/caramel notes. It produces very fluffy and clump free grinds. I single dose with mine and with a small bellows I get negligible retention.

Just got ups tracking and it is scheduled to deliver today. I paid for the expedited shipping but surprised it will be here today.