Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 39

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Acavia

#381: Post by Acavia »

Anyone know or researched the safety of the Red Speed coating which as far as I can find is TiAICN. When I search TiAICN I only find industrial applications. I thought there might be some cooking/food knives coated in it but can find none. It seems Korea, where SSP is located would have regulation so it is probably safe but perhaps it has exceptions or its manufacturing falls under another country's regulation.

It is probably safe and doubtful coffee would absorb much of it but I would like to confirm its food safety. Any idea how to find out about toxicity and metal poisoning risks with it?

dozer

#382: Post by dozer »

hey guys, anyone here ordered the lagom with the new High-Uniformity burrs? i did, because i'm drinking everything from light to dark. just wondering if i'm the only one, seems like most of the people are going for unimodal only :) already not sure if i should order the unimodals too. but i guess i'll wait first. asked hayden a few days and he answered (quick as always) that i should receive my grinder late june/early july. still soooo long :shock:

valoben

#383: Post by valoben »

Late June/Early July ? It looked like it shouldn't have a much delayed delivery according to the news on the option-O website, but now it seems like we have to wait a little bit longer :cry:

I ordered the unimodal burrs, but I have to say I hesitated a lot with the new high uniformity burrs. I didn't want to exaggerate and order both, as I already invested much more than planned in this hobby :lol:
LMWDP #669

dozer

#384: Post by dozer »

haha, this is excatly what i thought too. but yeah, first the new burrs and if i'm stoked on the unimodals... i guess i'll order them seperately :)

for the delivery: thats what hayden just told me. i read the news on the site, actually it doesn't sound like a big delay. i dont want to annoy them every week, would be great to have updates more recently of course.

LatteDaddy

#385: Post by LatteDaddy »

I'm also experiencing post-purchase indecision! I went with the Unimodal, but I'm really considering at least adding the high uniformity burrs to my order because I tend to use beans that are medium roast or on the lighter side of medium. I'm also upgrading my machine to a Bianca, so I'm at a place where I sense that my preferences could shift.

Too many options!

Rytopa

#386: Post by Rytopa »

Machines with flow profiling or able to actively manipulate the brew pressure, its preferable to go with high uniformity, as it the puck is more stable and allows manipulation during the shot. Unimodal burrs tend to prefer a very simple 6 bar thru-out setting without preinfusion.

valoben

#387: Post by valoben »

Aaarrrrgh don't make me regret my choice before the grinder is even there :mrgreen:

I'm not sure what prevents a profiling-enable machine to use a straightforward constant 6bar pressure.

On the other side, I believed that the unimodal burrs would make more sense with some sort of profiling, because they are able to adjust to the fast flowing shots & more instable pucks if necessary. Am I wrong here ?
LMWDP #669

yoshi005

#388: Post by yoshi005 »

I dont own a profiling machine but a lever with the unimodal burrs. 20sec preinfusion is no problem with my equipment. IMHO a falling pressure curve is preferable with unimodal burrs.
LMWDP #453

Peter_SVK

#389: Post by Peter_SVK »

dozer wrote:hey guys, anyone here ordered the lagom with the new High-Uniformity burrs? ...
I've ordered both, unimodal and high-uniformity, and also have 64mm Ditting burrs similar to Mahlkonig K30 which should fit too, so plenty options for testing whole year long ... :)

dozer

#390: Post by dozer »

i'll stick with my order for now, guess it shouldn't be a big problem to order the unimodals later. really can't wait for the grinder... i'm upgrading from the cheapest eureka 8)