Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 246

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
soojineee

#2451: Post by soojineee »

Vince_ wrote:Sorry, I'm not native English speaker. What I mean is flipping the bearing at the top of the floating burr carrier as Jeff said.The way to restore zero point is to twist the grinding scale until almost 0 and you can just hear the friction of the burr.
Thank you!

Vince_

#2452: Post by Vince_ »

soojineee wrote:I just checked and at 0.0 setting with 6 RPM, I do hear chirping.
Maybe setting with the lowest RPM when you check it is better for your burrs

Cwilli62

#2453: Post by Cwilli62 »

For the first year and a half that I have had my P64, I was only doing pour over so I would stay in the same general range for grind size and it was dialed in well. I've got the SSP MP burrs in there.

About a month ago I received an espresso machine. I'm trying to go back and forth from espresso range to pour over range and now I can't get a proper brew. RPM on max for espresso and 3 for pour over.

I have.no issues with the finer grind setting when making espresso. But no matter what I try, I can't get the pour over range dialed in again. The grinds are either way too fine a d the brew takes forever (with some boulders in there, sticking to the upper rim of the filter paper...never had this issue before) or the grind is way too course and coffee way under extracted. I've tried adjusting RPM for pour over and that did not help.

Any ideas? Anything I'm missing here?

Jeff
Team HB

#2454: Post by Jeff »

What roast level on the espresso? Darker roasts, especially if they are pushing shiny or oily, can be tenacious.

Cwilli62

#2455: Post by Cwilli62 »

Mostly pretty light roast SO for both pour over and espresso. I did have it one espresso blend that was darkish.

Sp0ke

#2456: Post by Sp0ke »

Replaced the declumper yesterday with the new updated declumper from OO. Which one is the top and bottom from the new one based on the instruction video from OO ?

Am I correct with how I assembled it? (I marked which one I put top and bottom compared to the video)

Sp0ke

#2457: Post by Sp0ke »

Issue is I'm still getting clumps (when I'm not using rdt).

erik82

#2458: Post by erik82 »

Pretty normal to have static in this time of year so just do RDT.

Sp0ke

#2459: Post by Sp0ke »

The clumps were insanely huge and lots. Sent a picture to OO , as always top notch support! It's because of the new declumper. You either get the old one who breaks easily or a new piece of metal way difference architect which is rock solid but you get a little clumps. Anyway I rdt so it's fine. I keep the new one.

May I ask who use the new multipurpose grind cup? Is it good? I have a big issue with the versa cup and I'm considering buying it.

erik82

#2460: Post by erik82 »

I'm using it and it works very nice. The top goes at bit inwards which makes slow feeding really easy. Haven't used it for dosing in the filterbasket yet.