Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 242

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Sp0ke

#2411: Post by Sp0ke »

Quick sum : last week my declumper broke and today OO shipped a replacement. Their response was so fast! About 15' since I sent the ticket. And yesterday I changed the mizen burrs (moonshine) with MP v2. Changing wasn't easy but wasn't hard as well. The only hard part was removing the bottom burrs. I used 2 chopsticks . Has anyone else changed mizen with mp or at least can compare them / compared them? Recommended rpm for espresso range is 7 ?

GDK

#2412: Post by GDK »

Responsiveness and support from Option-O is benchmark setting.

Do you pull just espresso or other brews as well?

Jeff
Team HB

#2413: Post by Jeff »

I've had 64 Cast v2, shiny Mizen, and MPs, all with at least 10 kg through them. My impressions with light roast for espresso and filter is that the Mizen are closer to the MPs and not as boring as the Cast v2s. There are also the 64 Mizen ES that I have not tried.

I grind everything at 3, for no good reason I can support with what's in the cup.

tn

#2414: Post by tn »

GDK wrote:Responsiveness and support from Option-O is benchmark setting.
This is why I probably won't buy a Weber and probably will buy an Option-O.

erik82

#2415: Post by erik82 »

I've had just as great serivce from Weber as from Option-O. Don't know what you're talking about. The biggest problem is people without any form of patience complaining if they don't get an answer within a couple of hours.

GymbroJones

#2416: Post by GymbroJones »

Jeff wrote:I've had 64 Cast v2, shiny Mizen, and MPs, all with at least 10 kg through them. My impressions with light roast for espresso and filter is that the Mizen are closer to the MPs and not as boring as the Cast v2s. There are also the 64 Mizen ES that I have not tried.

I grind everything at 3, for no good reason I can support with what's in the cup.
What are the Mizen ES? I saw someone bring them up in a review video, that they've been using them but that they're unannounced.

Jeff
Team HB

#2417: Post by Jeff »

Keiichi

#2418: Post by Keiichi »

@GymbroJones Can you please share this video because I am super interested in the new burrs?

GDK

#2419: Post by GDK »

The Mizen 64ES seem to be very close to the SSP HU burrs - both teeth geometry and the description of the coffee they produce are mostly in line with the HUs.

Keiichi

#2420: Post by Keiichi »

Well the few reviews I read so far do state a noticeable difference: more sweetness, clarity and less harshness (with darker roasts), body. According to the burrs selection guide of option-o they are very close, but one guy on the german forum told me he would put them more on the right hand side of the spectrum. I am very close to order them but still waiting for a few more reviews.