Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 219

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Michiel_loves_coffee

#2181: Post by Michiel_loves_coffee »

jfjj wrote:Do you find you are using your mini for espresso as well?
I only do espresso actually. SSP MP burrs in the P64 for light to medium-light roasts, and the mini for medium to dark roasts for cappuccinos. The two are a good match in this way :) Only have the mini for a month or two, but so far I'm happy with it.

babola

#2182: Post by babola »

I went the other way, got the Mini first while waiting for my P64, then sold the Mini 9 months later as I wasn't using it at all, as much as I pushed myself. P64 MP burrs are used in my household for light, medium and dark when I have that urge for Italian style espresso. We only drink espresso.
That said my trusty Mazzer SJ V Pro is my daily go-to morning grinder when I just want to pull a shot without much fiddling, out of bed yawning, eyes still half closed :)

JZ42

#2183: Post by JZ42 »

div wrote:Well, I ordered early June for mid September delivery, two and a half months later still waiting. Saw it in stock at prima two times during this period, and I don't check frequently :) As always the grass is greener on the other side.
Is there a review or a detailed video of the latest version, the cleaning and calibration seems more involved, and the df83 went totally opposite now it looks more p64 than the p64. Wrong thoughts running in my head while waiting.
The new catch cup looks like a solution to a problem that nobody was asking to be solved, at least in my opinion.
A Japanese dude reviewed it (new design of the P64) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnFIZZCBcRU

div

#2184: Post by div »

Thank you @JZ42. My P64 already landed. It's built great and looks nice although I imagined it a little smaller.
I am really impressed by the grinder, the ground coffee is incredibly fluffy. I am still struggling to find the best workflow, I am coming from a hand grinder JX-Pro.
The Versa cup looks like something from Star Trek, but is heavy and some of the coffee always sticks to the walls. I've decided to try grinding straight to the portafilter with the provided funnel and this works great, but I still need to use another funnel for WDT this one leaves an edge. :roll:
Mine came with the Mizen burrs, it's still early but so far so good. I will add my impressions in the burr thread.

babola

#2185: Post by babola »

FWIW, a colleague of mine just got his P64 delivered, less than 2 months since he paid for it.
So it appears Lagom is now able to shrink their production/delivery times of this grinder to a more reasonable levels. He bought direct, from Lagom's web shop.

Our US based colleagues ordering via Prima should hopefully also see improvement in delivery times, some reported close to 9 months of wait time, which is borderline frustrating for lack of a better word.

mctrials23

#2186: Post by mctrials23 »

Has anyone else noticed that the bottom burr doesn't appear to run in a perfect circle. At high speeds its not obvious but when you turn it down to the lowest speed there is an obvious lateral wobble.

babola

#2187: Post by babola replying to mctrials23 »

Not on mine.
Latest model (V3?) with SSP MP burrs.

demonid

#2188: Post by demonid »

Has anyone else noticed that the bottom burr doesn't appear to run in a perfect circle. At high speeds it's not obvious but when you turn it down to the lowest speed there is an obvious lateral wobble.
Yes, I have the same experience. But I don't know if this affects the quality of grinding.

Michiel_loves_coffee

#2189: Post by Michiel_loves_coffee »

mctrials23 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the bottom burr doesn't appear to run in a perfect circle. At high speeds its not obvious but when you turn it down to the lowest speed there is an obvious lateral wobble.
I took a peek, there is a little wobble on mine too. Not easy to see though, had to make a slomo movie and pixel peep to see it :lol:

https://fs-01.cyberdrop.to/video_2022-1 ... kAyMrC.mp4

AlternativeHam

#2190: Post by AlternativeHam »

mine does this too. I unscrewed the burr and did my best to get it as centered as possible and the wobble is pretty much gone, even at lowest RPM