Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 218

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
astromaddie

#2171: Post by astromaddie »

Just got my P64 with the Omni burrs. I love it! I've pulled two shots and brewed a V60 cup, the V60 tasted thinner than I expected but still tasted delicious. The espresso had a surprising amount of body and was totally balanced with clear flavours coming through and a lot of fruity sweetness.

I was worried about difficulty dialling in the Omni burrs but they actually came in dialled in for espresso. My first try came out delicious. I have no comparison to other SSP burrs but this was a fantastic upgrade to my Kinu M47!

Has anyone else gotten the Omni burrs yet?

Bunkmil

#2172: Post by Bunkmil »

astromaddie wrote: Has anyone else gotten the Omni burrs yet?
You seem to be the first one lol. I am waiting for mine.

Hop Forward

#2173: Post by Hop Forward »

Hey everyone! Question for you, about burr noises in the P64. I've done a lot of searching and found some discussion but not a solution tho what I'm experiencing at the moment. I'd appreciate any advice!

I've had a Lagom P64 for >6 months. Right away, I swapped the unimodals for High Uniformity SSP burrs. Pretty much no issues since getting it setup.

However, recently, I had a clog in the grinder that I had to clear by removing the top burr. Ever since, I'm getting burr touching noise much earlier than I used to, so much so that I can't pull a shot longer than 27 seconds w/ my current coffee without the burrs touching. The inside is clean, nothing obstructing the burr from fitting in nicely, etc, and I've read that the P64 can make a light "chirping" noise by residual coffee, which I've experienced, and this is not that sound.

Does anyone have any experience with this grinder who may be able to help me out?

SteveRhinehart

#2174: Post by SteveRhinehart »

Other users have found that the stationary carrier orientation affects touch point. Try moving your carrier to the other two positions and see how that affects things.

p4lxrich

#2175: Post by p4lxrich »

astromaddie wrote:Just got my P64 with the Omni burrs. I love it! I've pulled two shots and brewed a V60 cup, the V60 tasted thinner than I expected but still tasted delicious. The espresso had a surprising amount of body and was totally balanced with clear flavours coming through and a lot of fruity sweetness.

I was worried about difficulty dialling in the Omni burrs but they actually came in dialled in for espresso. My first try came out delicious. I have no comparison to other SSP burrs but this was a fantastic upgrade to my Kinu M47!

Has anyone else gotten the Omni burrs yet?
wow nice. now you're making me want this burr.

been using the lab sweet v2 since i got it. loving it so far. kind'a inconsistent as sometimes my machine would just choke on the same grind settings as the day before. hoping it's just seasoning. might have to check out alignment. even with the updated tools way of removing. i find it very easy to do. much easier to clean than my df64. overall this is exactly the grinder i was looking for.

Michiel_loves_coffee

#2176: Post by Michiel_loves_coffee »

You are the yin to my yang :lol:

p4lxrich

#2177: Post by p4lxrich replying to Michiel_loves_coffee »

I'm really debating on the white Bianca v3 and decent setup. Now you got me leaning towards white decent now.

heytchap

#2178: Post by heytchap »

I'd wager that you didn't apply even torque when installing the burr and that they're lopsided.

jfjj
Supporter ♡

#2179: Post by jfjj »

Do you find you are using your mini for espresso as well?
- Jean

bonjing

#2180: Post by bonjing »

Anyone else notice a little bong sound when hitting the anti popcorn screen in the funnel. I find myself tossing in a bean or two just to hear it. :lol: