Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 217

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Legend_217

#2161: Post by Legend_217 »

Missed out on Prima P64 again. I really wish their agreement with Option O expire ASAP. It's so much easier to preorder straight from Option O

bolojm

#2162: Post by bolojm »

albertf wrote:I ordered from prima earlier in November and it was shipped out the next business day.
Mine shipped today, arriving tomorrow as Prima is located only ~90 miles from where I live.

Advertisement
div

#2163: Post by div »

Legend_217 wrote:Missed out on Prima P64 again. I really wish their agreement with Option O expire ASAP. It's so much easier to preorder straight from Option O
Well, I ordered early June for mid September delivery, two and a half months later still waiting. Saw it in stock at prima two times during this period, and I don't check frequently :) As always the grass is greener on the other side.
Is there a review or a detailed video of the latest version, the cleaning and calibration seems more involved, and the df83 went totally opposite now it looks more p64 than the p64. Wrong thoughts running in my head while waiting.
The new catch cup looks like a solution to a problem that nobody was asking to be solved, at least in my opinion.

Trickykid

#2164: Post by Trickykid »

jrham12 wrote:I'm using the same setup as you and seldom have any problems with channeling... But I've had my P64 with HU burrs for approaching 2 years now so the new burrs could be contributing to the issue...
What basket are you using? (The stock ECM or a competition basket like VST or IMS?) I'm using one of the 18+ (?) baskets from Espresso Parts but was using either a 20g basket from Decent Espresso or an 18g IMS before that. Even with RDT, aggressive WDT and very careful level tamping, I would say I got more channeling from the competition baskets than the stock or Espresso parts baskets.
Do you have a flow control device installed on your Synchronika? And if so, did you install the stiffer spring to negate the "built-in" preinfusion on the E61 head? If yes, then maybe you need to be more conservative with your preinfusion rate...
If you don't have a flow control device installed, what do you have your pump pressure set to?

Hopefully these questions help and if not, the information you supply might better help others chime in to help you!
Josh
Thanks for the swift reply and sorry for being late about it myself!
I use a 18g VST, and even though it took me a bit of practice, I just about managed to get rid of any noticeable channeling while using it with the Niche.
Yep, I do have flow control, but I honestly don't know about the spring, since it was pre-installed from the shop I bought it from. I haven't really tinkered with the FC since getting the Lagom, so it's just sitting at stock flow rate atm.

Trickykid

#2165: Post by Trickykid »

GDK wrote:What is the grinder setting, how many clicks above the burrs touching point?
Depending on the beans I have been between 1.1 and 1.5.

p4lxrich

#2166: Post by p4lxrich »

Finally got mine today from prima. So stocked. So easy to swap burr's already and zero pt calibration. I understand now. No more grinders for me. Famous last words.
Workflow is great so far. I prefer direct to portafilter ad the versa is just too big and too messy for me. Harder to wdt as well. Love this thing so far.

heytchap

#2167: Post by heytchap »

p4lxrich wrote:Finally got mine today from prima. So stocked. So easy to swap burr's already and zero pt calibration. I understand now. No more grinders for me. Famous last words.
Wait until you start looking at the p100 a bit more closely.

Advertisement
p4lxrich

#2168: Post by p4lxrich »

Are the burrs that come from lagom (in my case prima) come preseasoned I'm assuming as I saw coffee grinds when I swapped burrs.

Btw anyone willing to trade ssp hu for a mp? I have two mp burrs so I would like to try hu.

AlternativeHam

#2169: Post by AlternativeHam »

I don't believe they are pre-seasoned. There is coffee in the grinder because they test all the grinders for quality control at factory before shipping them out, but I don't think they go through a full pre-seasoning.

p4lxrich

#2170: Post by p4lxrich replying to AlternativeHam »

Thanks. Makes sense.