Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 216

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
bonjing

#2151: Post by bonjing »

From the lagom safety manual.

A lot can be found here:

https://www.option-o.com/lagomp64userguide

bonjing

#2152: Post by bonjing »

p4lxrich wrote:finally managed to order one from prima today. does anyone know the rpm values that corresponds to the numbers now? i'll have to search that otherwise. anybody had good review for the versa cup? worth it?

also if we ordered thru prima. are we allowed to get omni burrs from option and get the discount? or is that just the ones ordered directly from them?

By any chance did you notice if the option for the new dosing cup was a option? I got so excited that I skipped over it, or do the new shipments come with the new dosing cups already?

babola

#2153: Post by babola »

bonjing wrote: By any chance did you notice if the option for the new dosing cup was a option? I got so excited that I skipped over it, or do the new shipments come with the new dosing cups already?
All the P64 grinders shipped from 1st November onwards, come with the new Versa dosing cup.

On the topic of Versa cup, I have it, but almost always reach to my old original which came with my P64. The Versa cup has its downsides, the sheer size and weight could prove challenging to those out there with small hands, handling it is a bit clunky experience, too. There's grind that gets caught between the removable magnetic top and the cup itself and also good dose of grind gets deposited at the top of the 'cross bar' holding the piston, which requires more unnecessary shaking and jerking.
Due to it's specific bottom design which should be as universal fit as possible to match various p/f sizes, the grind in your p/f will end up uneven so a distribution/leveler tool would be highly recommended in this case.

I am still of two minds when it comes to using it in my daily workflow, contrary to my initial excitement. I hope to get used to it in the future, it's a beautifully designed and manufactured piece of kit, just not 'quite there yet' and feels little rushed to the market, IMO.

bolojm

#2154: Post by bolojm »

Back in stock at Prima! Unimodal burr set, I just ordered mine. Can't wait to play with it!

p4lxrich

#2155: Post by p4lxrich »

bonjing wrote:From the lagom safety manual.

A lot can be found here:

https://www.option-o.com/lagomp64userguide
awesome thx.

babola wrote:All the P64 grinders shipped from 1st November onwards, come with the new Versa dosing cup.

On the topic of Versa cup, I have it, but almost always reach to my old original which came with my P64. The Versa cup has its downsides, the sheer size and weight could prove challenging to those out there with small hands, handling it is a bit clunky experience, too. There's grind that gets caught between the removable magnetic top and the cup itself and also good dose of grind gets deposited at the top of the 'cross bar' holding the piston, which requires more unnecessary shaking and jerking.
Doe to it's bottom design which should be as universal fit as possible, the grind in your p/f will end up uneven so a distribution/leveler tool would be highly recommended in this case.

I am still of two minds when it comes to using it in my daily workflow, contrary to my initial excitement. I hope to get used to it in the future, it's a beautifully designed and manufactured piece of kit, just not 'quite there yet' and feels little rushed to the market, IMO.

good info on versa cup. i was about to order it so good to know it comes with it for me to try.

are the p64 from prima ready to ship or are these also an order which will take some time?

babola

#2156: Post by babola »

p4lxrich wrote:
are the p64 from prima ready to ship or are these also an order which will take some time?
Not sure. I live in New Zealand so ordered mine directly from Option-O.
Others from the US could chime in.

heytchap

#2157: Post by heytchap »

p4lxrich wrote: also if we ordered thru prima. are we allowed to get omni burrs from option and get the discount? or is that just the ones ordered directly from them?
The discount expired. You missed your chance unfortunately.

bolojm

#2158: Post by bolojm »

Prima gets them in stock sporadically. You have to check their Web site regularly. They do not accept pre-orders. They were in stock as of a few hours ago...Unimodal burr set in black or silver.

jfjj
Supporter ♡

#2159: Post by jfjj »

babola wrote:All the P64 grinders shipped from 1st November onwards, come with the new Versa dosing cup.

I mirror the concerns about the grinds getting caught, but I've used it pretty exclusively since I got it and i don't really mind that much anymore. I use the cup for pour overs. It does a nice even distribution in the v60. I don't really use it for espresso. I use the funnel now for that. Either way I am happy with it but i can see why it's not an ideal workflow. I came from a Niche dosing cup.
- Jean

albertf

#2160: Post by albertf »

p4lxrich wrote:are the p64 from prima ready to ship or are these also an order which will take some time?
I ordered from prima earlier in November and it was shipped out the next business day.