Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 214

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ethiopianbuffman

#2131: Post by ethiopianbuffman »

I think it is burr dependent tbh. My HU were perfectly aligned but when I put in MPs I got 50% wipe so will try to see what is up

babola

#2132: Post by babola »

jfjj wrote:I would say it's pretty near perfect. When I got my p64 the burrs where perfectly aligned. It messed my brain up a bit as the Ode with the SSP MP were and it took me hours to get that thing aligned.
Same here. Their QC team does pre-shipping burr alignment well. I did my witeboard marker test on arrival and it was near perfect, decided to leave it alone.

heytchap

#2133: Post by heytchap »

ethiopianbuffman wrote:I think it is burr dependent tbh. My HU were perfectly aligned but when I put in MPs I got 50% wipe so will try to see what is up
Hot take: 50% is good enough. There's no meaningful difference between 50% and 80%, let alone 100%.

dbk94

#2134: Post by dbk94 replying to heytchap »

Yeah I'm currently at about 50% wipe on my MPs, but the coffee is good enough where I can't be bothered to spend hours shimming it

skink91

#2135: Post by skink91 »

I attempted to get in queue (at Prima) for one of these by emailing them. Hopefully that at least gives me a chance?

Anyone know how long the next batch is expected or how long that queue may be?

SteveRhinehart

#2136: Post by SteveRhinehart »

From their P64 page:
The Lagom is restocked in small quantities every 4-16 weeks. Once restocked, Prima notifies customers on a per-model basis at a rate of 50 customers per hour, starting from the bottom of the list, until the grinders are sold out. We respectfully decline to accept pre-orders at this time. Please keep in mind the current wait is over 1 year, but Option-O is working to increase supply over the coming year. If you'd like to be notified when a grinder is available for purchase, sign up by selecting your preferred color and burr configuration, then enter your email address.
If you sign up for email notifications, that does not save you a place in line to buy. The last drop last week sold through in about 7 hours, though there was an issue with the Add to Cart button not working properly at first. If you signed up for the email list last month, you would not have been notified because there are over 1,000 people in line and only about 350 were notified for this release. Your chances are better just checking the listing page periodically or using some other means of notification. The EAF discord posted about availability almost immediately after stock was up.

skink91

#2137: Post by skink91 »

That is a bit disheartening to hear, but I certainly appreciate the info.

I suppose I will just keep checking the site each day hoping to get lucky. Thanks!

p4lxrich

#2138: Post by p4lxrich »

Pretty ridiculous. That's why I'll probably never get one. I'm glad more grinders is USA are popping up.

mctrials23

#2139: Post by mctrials23 »

Is there a point where the static starts getting better with the Unimodal burrs? Still pretty bad even with WDT after circa 2kg of beans.

Capuchin Monk

#2140: Post by Capuchin Monk »

p4lxrich wrote:Pretty ridiculous. That's why I'll probably never get one. I'm glad more grinders is USA are popping up.
I'm glad to have gone with alternative grinder. :)