Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 207

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Legend_217

#2061: Post by Legend_217 »

Standard espresso burr

level3ninja

#2062: Post by level3ninja »

The stock burrs from Option-O are Italmill

Nywalker

#2063: Post by Nywalker »

Just got the shipment notification e-mail from option-o, and turns out they sent a late e-mail which they actually dispatched my Mid-July order 5 days ago from Hk and from tracking progress it says will arrive tomorrow, so for those who are still waiting for e-mails, this could be the case they will probably send you this notification e-mail right before it hits your door bell...

ckboon

#2064: Post by ckboon »

I got a FedEx shipping notification before I received the Option-o email. And I thot the whatsapp message from FedEx was a scam.

Starspawn2318

#2065: Post by Starspawn2318 »

I'm very frustrated with the SSP MP burrs. They are so inconsistent. Two shots back to back are never the same. Very difficult to dial in for that reason. I've probably run 5kgs through them. The grinder itself is amazing.

ckboon

#2066: Post by ckboon »

I just received my P64. It's so quiet without coffee beans when the motor is running. Not used to it.
Let's see how it sounds like when I'm grinding coffee beans in the morning.

Anyway, I am still setting it up like adding heat shrink tubings to the portafilter forks (didn't like the metal on metal sound).

Beware! The P64 lid that I bought from etsy (for the previous design) will NOT fit the new design! Luckily I have a spare walnut coaster that I modified for the DF64's lid:

Newdent

#2067: Post by Newdent replying to ckboon »

Nice! Random but does the new p64 wdt have acupuncture or 3d print needles or are they something custom? Is it obvious if the tool comes apart to swap them? Thanks

ckboon

#2068: Post by ckboon »

iploya wrote:It's the quietest grinder out there I think. It's quieter than even MC4, which is also quiet but has more "bass" notes and probably carries a little further. I bet it doesn't hurt anything when it's not encountering any resistance.
For me it's too quiet :( It's nice but kinda missing something.

I kinda like hearing the grinding of coffee beans in my old Mazzer Mini especially first thing in the morning.

ckboon

#2069: Post by ckboon »

Newdent wrote:Nice! Random but does the new p64 wdt have acupuncture or 3d print needles or are they something custom? Is it obvious if the tool comes apart to swap them? Thanks
>p64 wdt have acupuncture or 3d print needles
Neither. Custom setup I guess.

You can unscrew using a 2.5mm allen key. The plastic cap holds the needles, and the wdt body is a solid block of aluminum. If you are going to modify it, show us the pictures :)

Newdent

#2070: Post by Newdent »

Interesting, thanks for the info. My order is for early December dispatch so who knows when I'll get it :D but I'll probably try and modify when it arrives.

You could probably snip the ends off of some 3d print needles and bend them over or drill some holes in the aluminium piece to accept the larger ends of the needles. There must be a way to not waste it anyway as I wouldn't use it in its stock form!