Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 202

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
mctrials23

#2011: Post by mctrials23 »

No, its completely stepless. The numbers/marks are completely arbitrary and could be spaced however.

Roasty
Supporter ♡

#2012: Post by Roasty replying to mctrials23 »

Ok, but you get my point, right? Sounds like only 10% of the grinders range is used.

jfjj
Supporter ♡

#2013: Post by jfjj »

What are you expecting out of the P64 you can't get with the Ode with SSP if you are doing Aeropress and Chemex?
- Jean

Roasty
Supporter ♡

#2014: Post by Roasty replying to jfjj »

My Ode does not have the SSP burrs. When I use my Kruve, I'm getting just as many fines as I was with my Breville Smartgrinder I replaced so isn't feeling like an upgrade.

Bottom line, I'm looking for something that can brew Aeropress/Chemex AND light roasted espresso well.

Lowgroove

#2015: Post by Lowgroove »

Roasty wrote:So am I hearing everyone right . . . there is essentially 100 ticks on this thing, but people are pulling shots within a 10 click range?
I note some people are using down around 10 ticks from touch. I am grinding for espresso at around 25 ticks from touch with HU burrs. Not sure why there is so much difference between mine and others at around 10?

However if you are looking at something which is coarser than espresso you will have even more range (I only use for espresso).

Entreri

#2016: Post by Entreri »

Roasty wrote:My Ode does not have the SSP burrs. When I use my Kruve, I'm getting just as many fines as I was with my Breville Smartgrinder I replaced so isn't feeling like an upgrade.

Bottom line, I'm looking for something that can brew Aeropress/Chemex AND light roasted espresso well.
P64 with MP's will go fine enough to choke any machine with ligh roast, as well as let you brew french press. No worries.

The Bone Ranger

#2017: Post by The Bone Ranger »

Early April has finally arrived!

level3ninja

#2018: Post by level3ninja »

Nice! Can you post photos of what the magnetic cover looks like underneath? Do you need to re-zero it every time you remove it?

Bunkmil

#2019: Post by Bunkmil replying to level3ninja »

I would also be interested to see the details of the new design iteration.

Thanks!

The Bone Ranger

#2020: Post by The Bone Ranger »

Under the magnetic shroud? The safety lock, stopping one from going past the chirp point. Can be removed with an Allen key.