Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 176

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
SineQuaNon726

#1751: Post by SineQuaNon726 »

Does anyone know anything about the upcoming Lab Sweet-like burr they posted on their Instagram? Very eager to know if it's going to produce Ditting kind of cup profile.

DCoffee

#1752: Post by DCoffee »

BaristaBob wrote:I understand your concern over receiving a "used" unit but years ago my Rancilio Rocky had grounds in it (with a letter in the box stating that the grinder had been tested in QC and found acceptable). Then when I received my KafaTek Monolith grinder...same thing. I've come to expect this from a high end grinder manufacturer.
I'm not concerned in the least if it is an accepted norm for a particular company, or in the industry. Yeah, I think it is great that some of these companies are testing the way they are.

DCoffee

#1753: Post by DCoffee »

This P64 brings a whole new meaning to the term quiet. In fairness, I still haven't ground any beans, but it's certainly whisper quiet idling. My first thought was that there might be something wrong...lol...I guess this is part of what you get on the higher end. I'm used to much louder.

I'm without an espresso machine right now (waiting for a replacement machine). Looking forward to actually trying some espresso...

Not that I really care, but aren't these things supposed to ship with that grey rubber band jobby that goes on the top of the machine? Mine didn't seem to come with one.

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#1754: Post by TenLayers »

That rubber band is only if you find screwing the top on and off difficult. I have never even put it on. No reason for it.

heytchap

#1755: Post by heytchap »

DCoffee wrote:
Not that I really care, but aren't these things supposed to ship with that grey rubber band jobby that goes on the top of the machine? Mine didn't seem to come with one.
No. Band is dead.

Peter_SVK

#1756: Post by Peter_SVK »

TenLayers wrote:That rubber band is only if you find screwing the top on and off difficult. I have never even put it on. No reason for it.
DCoffee wrote: ... Not that I really care, but aren't these things supposed to ship with that grey rubber band jobby that goes on the top of the machine? Mine didn't seem to come with one.
If it's difficult to screw the top off and you do not have that grey silicone rubber band, simply use a piece of bicycle rubber tube, it does the same job. :wink: Note: I've never used it even to undo the top.
I think that is the most likely the reason why Option-O stopped to include the band with the delivery.

DCoffee

#1757: Post by DCoffee »

Thanks for the responses. I figured they just might not be shipping it now. Thanks for confirming.

I know that it has taken a few knocks aesthetically in reviews.

I think it would have been nice if they still included it. I certainly wouldn't leave it on all the time, but putting it on when you needed it would be a great option. But if the experience of most is that you can get it disassembled reasonably easy without a "rubber aid", then I guess Option-O made the right call.

Starspawn2318

#1758: Post by Starspawn2318 »

What is the ballpark range for the settings are you folks using for V60 pour over? I've been trying somewhere around 35 notches from zero point for a 500cc Hoffman method.

mralecthomas
Supporter

#1759: Post by mralecthomas » replying to Starspawn2318 »

I'm right around 60 ticks from my burr touch point for a 20g pour over.

Entreri

#1760: Post by Entreri »

Starspawn2318 wrote:What is the ballpark range for the settings are you folks using for V60 pour over? I've been trying somewhere around 35 notches from zero point for a 500cc Hoffman method.
IS this with the unimodal v 1.0/Brew burrs? I have the Multipurpose burrs, and 35 seems fine even for 250ml for me. Tried this morning, and draw-down time was slooow.