Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 128

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
A Coffee Wanderer

#1271: Post by A Coffee Wanderer »

Hi all!

After a month in Customs here in my country I finally got my Lagom, in fear anything happened during transit or while it was in Custom hands (because they are animals that treat everything without care) I've been trying to know if my grinder is aligned and everything. Thing is I ordered it with the unimodal burrs and I saw somewhere here that using the market method isn't really helpful with this kind of burrs. So, I went ahead and tried to check by sound... So, I don't know, I'm not convinced so I will leave a video and hopefully you guys can help me letting me know how good or bad does that sounds compared to yours or something!

Thanks in advance.

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#1272: Post by TenLayers »

Sounds exactly like mine.

Flair Espresso: handcrafted espresso. cafe-quality shots, anytime, anywhere
Sponsored by Flair Espresso
splashalot

#1273: Post by splashalot » replying to TenLayers »

Ditto.

I'd call that normal.

KyleTallon

#1274: Post by KyleTallon »

I placed an order for the March delivery batch that was delayed. Ordering to Canada, so doing it directly with Option-O.

Hayden has been very quick to communicate and answer questions.

The delay was due to PCBs from a supplier in China being delayed. They received the PCBs a few weeks ago and have started the manufacturing run for this batch. I just received an email with my shipping info. Grinder is waiting in Hong Kong for pickup by DHL.

I asked to receive the original Unimodal SSP design, which is not called out anywhere on the site but is a option if you reach out. I also decided to get the HU set just to be able to play around.

I have a Decent and have been hand grinding shots with my Comandante since my Sette died last month. To say I am excited for the arrival of the P64 is a huge understatement.

JustPruIt

#1275: Post by JustPruIt »

Has anyone who ordered through Prima had an update?

bbender716

#1276: Post by bbender716 »

This may sound like a dumb question, but I'm thinking of moving from an Atom 75 to this. I mainly single dose and do a combo of decaf and SO light roasts. Also my wife is a fan of quieter grinders since we have a new baby! Would the Lagom be an upgrade overall? Also, assuming it is, what's a good way to swing selling the Atom 75 but getting an interim grinder that won't set me back much in terms of value lost while I wait for the Lagom?

TallDan

#1277: Post by TallDan »

This might sound like a dumb answer, but keep the atom 75 until the lagom arrives. Then you don't need an interim grinder.

Versalab: maker and supplier of finest espresso equipment
Sponsored by Versalab
Jimjam168
Supporter ♡

#1278: Post by Jimjam168 »

I've ordered from Prima and have had better luck emailing with Option-O directly to get an update. Love Prima, but frankly have been extremely disappointed in their communication with this. They've had $1800 of hard earned money since January with almost no transparency.

My understanding based on what I've heard from Option-O is that the Prima shipment went out last week or so. I'll follow up with Prima to see if we'll be seeing a shipping confirmation and if they know anything else.
James

masterpotatohead

#1279: Post by masterpotatohead »

KyleTallon wrote:I placed an order for the March delivery batch that was delayed. Ordering to Canada, so doing it directly with Option-O.

Hayden has been very quick to communicate and answer questions.

The delay was due to PCBs from a supplier in China being delayed. They received the PCBs a few weeks ago and have started the manufacturing run for this batch. I just received an email with my shipping info. Grinder is waiting in Hong Kong for pickup by DHL.

I asked to receive the original Unimodal SSP design, which is not called out anywhere on the site but is a option if you reach out. I also decided to get the HU set just to be able to play around.

I have a Decent and have been hand grinding shots with my Comandante since my Sette died last month. To say I am excited for the arrival of the P64 is a huge understatement.
Let us know if this latest batch has the switch in numbers! I.e. Finer grind = lower number

KyleTallon

#1280: Post by KyleTallon » replying to masterpotatohead »

Haha I'm interested to see which one I get :|