Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 127

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Eiern

#1261: Post by Eiern »

I wipe it off.

vrso

#1262: Post by vrso »

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster here! I've been eyeing the P64 for quite some time now, and I really think that it is the right grinder for me. As far as flat burr, single-dosing, aesthetically pleasing grinders go, I'm definitely in love. However, it seems like the only purchasing option is to go through a pre-order, and I wanted to be 100% certain that was the case.

I know that the DF64/G-Iota/Solo grinder is the new kid on the block and can be purchased for a fraction of the price, but I'm not sure that I'm ready to commit to a product that is so new to the market.

Thank you all very much for all of the valuable information that you contribute! I'm very happy to be a member here!

goatgoatgoat

#1263: Post by goatgoatgoat »

Hello hello,

Does anyone know when the last actual p64 was delivered?

I ordered end of January for mid March and think there must be a massive backlog at this point.

Thanks,

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#1264: Post by TenLayers »

They (they being Hayden) is very quick and transparent on the email but I think it would serve them well, if they would be more so on the website. They do talk about what's going here https://www.option-o.com/news but I think it only helps as a company to be super open and forthcoming with information, both positive and negative.
John over at Decent is the perfect example of this. When you're open and honest and forthcoming, it creates trust and brand loyalty.

vrso

#1265: Post by vrso replying to TenLayers »

I've seen a few people in this thread mention Hayden and his fast email responses, but I have emailed Option-O a few times now and spoke with someone named Sam and didn't receive a response until days later. I actually sent them an email three days ago and haven't heard back yet.

Honestly, all I want to do is give you my money, Hayden! :D

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#1266: Post by TenLayers »

That's why I think a somewhat in depth roundup on the News page once a week could cut down on the individual emails he would need to write.

Gimel

#1267: Post by Gimel »

It takes them a few days, but they do respond. I find the communication with them until now to be quite clear.
I ordered mine through Prima Coffee (based in the US) and I was told they are currently in customs, so hope to getting mine soon.

SteveRhinehart

#1268: Post by SteveRhinehart »

vrso wrote:I've seen a few people in this thread mention Hayden and his fast email responses, but I have emailed Option-O a few times now and spoke with someone named Sam and didn't receive a response until days later. I actually sent them an email three days ago and haven't heard back yet.

If you're in Ohio, you have to order through Prima. They are the exclusive retailer in the US.

masterpotatohead

#1269: Post by masterpotatohead »

vrso wrote:I've seen a few people in this thread mention Hayden and his fast email responses, but I have emailed Option-O a few times now and spoke with someone named Sam and didn't receive a response until days later. I actually sent them an email three days ago and haven't heard back yet.

Same issue here. Sam confirmed that they were planning on switching the numbers so that finer = smaller numbers. However, I've sent a few follow-up messages asking which batch this will be updated from - I'm yet to receive any response to the three follow-ups.

Has anybody had Option-O confirm when they're switching back to the original number (and correct) system?

goatgoatgoat

#1270: Post by goatgoatgoat »

So as I feared information is fairly fragmented and no real clear queue position available.

Ideally I would like to know I'm X in line and they are currently building Y. Maybe this is unrealistic but putting money down changes the dynamic somewhat.

Definitely feel like they misled new orders after they realised mid march batch would be end of April. It looked like they were very slow to change subsequent delivery slots.