Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 125

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
bakafish

#1241: Post by bakafish »

Peter_SVK wrote:I think updated unimodal, but don't know exactly (I think bakafish knows), grinder is from the 2nd batch, bought in July 2020.
If your burrs have the small flats at the outer edge like this, they are the Multi-Purpose burrs (updated unimodal burrs).

Mine was ordered in August 2020 and arrived in October. I think it is the first batch using the Multi-Purpose burrs.

Imbuere

#1242: Post by Imbuere »

Anyone else here dealing with a replacement due to defect and experiencing poor communication? I'm starting to get pretty frustrated and wondering if I'm alone or anyone else is in the same boat.

Advertisement
Peter_SVK

#1243: Post by Peter_SVK »

bakafish wrote:If your burrs have the small flats at the outer edge like this, they are the Multi-Purpose burrs (updated unimodal burrs).

Mine was ordered in August 2020 and arrived in October. I think it is the first batch using the Multi-Purpose burrs.
I don't see any small flats, so these are standard SSP unimodal for Mazzer, right?

zellleonhart

#1244: Post by zellleonhart »

bakafish wrote:If your burrs have the small flats at the outer edge like this, they are the Multi-Purpose burrs (updated unimodal burrs).

I bought my multipurpose burrs from Prima-coffee, just want to confirm if it's indeed the updated version. My image below, it should be, right?

bakafish

#1245: Post by bakafish »

zellleonhart wrote:I bought my multipurpose burrs from Prima-coffee, just want to confirm if it's indeed the updated version. My image below, it should be, right?
Yes

ZombiEE

#1246: Post by ZombiEE »

Aaah.. I get ir.. thanks to Peter and Bakafish.

I hope the updated multipurpose burr brings better tasting cup for pour over...
Hello...

Peter_SVK

#1247: Post by Peter_SVK »

Due to small flats at the ends I think opposite, they should produce tad bit more fines in favour of espresso. But maybe it doesn't affect pour over ...

Advertisement
Est

#1248: Post by Est »

Imbuere wrote:Anyone else here dealing with a replacement due to defect and experiencing poor communication? I'm starting to get pretty frustrated and wondering if I'm alone or anyone else is in the same boat.
What a defect you faced? I'm to buy this grinder and collect all the feedback as the price is on the edge of my financial capability.

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#1249: Post by TenLayers »

Imbuere wrote:Anyone else here dealing with a replacement due to defect and experiencing poor communication? I'm starting to get pretty frustrated and wondering if I'm alone or anyone else is in the same boat.
Since you're in the USofA, I'm assuming you're communicating through Prima Coffee and not Hayden in Australia?

malling

#1250: Post by malling »

Peter_SVK wrote:Due to small flats at the ends I think opposite, they should produce tad bit more fines in favour of espresso. But maybe it doesn't affect pour over ...
I expect that these burrs will impact brewed in some way, as I never experienced a brew/bulk burr that where modified to better deliver spro where it did not have this effect. It is obviously an individual thing if you mind that effect or not. Personally I would have preferred manufacturers have left those burrs unharmed so those who didn't need spro capability didn't have to accept and live with lower performance, but that is just how it is, as brewed is still very much overlooked or ignored in the industry.

Right now we only have like two burrs in 98 seizes from SSP every thing else is either multi purpose or espresso burrs. Several of the bulk burrs have seen these kind of modifications so these are unfortunately not as great at brewed as these used too be.