Lagom P100 vs Monolith Flat MAX - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
omarbaha

#21: Post by omarbaha »

Kilos&Koffee wrote:I've got a max with LM burrs, i really want to try the SW burrs, but it's a lovely grinder. I love that the max is built like a tank, i love that most of the parts that could break are "off the shelf" components that i should be able to replace even if kafatek decides to shut down.

I have nothing to add to this conversation other than I was asking myself the same question due to the fact the workflow of the max is annoying and messy. If i'm only making 1 shot, which is most of the time, i run a paint brush along the burrs while they are running to get the remaining coffee out. Then i hit it with the bellows which blows coffee everywhere, then i remove the magnetic downspout and brush that out.

I'd love to try a P100 out, i'm sure my pallet isn't sophisticated enough to pick 1 grinder over the other from a taste perspective, but i'm definitely having a grass is greener complex from the workflow perspective.
oh, these crazy 1st-world problems we have on this forum :D

shotwell

#22: Post by shotwell »

Jake has the right idea about why I kept my max over the p100, since I certainly couldn't find a reason to prefer one over the other in the cup when they were side by side.

I do like that the max can spin either direction, so it has a few more burrs available. Newer models don't have symmetrical wipers so may be slightly worse for people running SSP burrs. I also like that the motor and the driver are user replaceable, though the cost savings for the p100 make this a little less important to me.

macerry
Supporter

#23: Post by macerry »

Have you tried putting SLM burrs on the P100 and did it work?

EvanOz85

#24: Post by EvanOz85 replying to macerry »

As has been stated countless times, Shuriken burrs will not work in a P100 because they are designed to rotate clockwise. You cannot reverse the motor of a P100.

Jake_G
Team HB

#25: Post by Jake_G »

Sure you can.

It just isn't easy. :mrgreen:
LMWDP #704

EvanOz85

#26: Post by EvanOz85 replying to Jake_G »

Or worthwhile, IMO.

Jake_G
Team HB

#27: Post by Jake_G replying to EvanOz85 »