Lagom P100

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
111a111sk

#1: Post by 111a111sk »

I wanted to google Compak PK100 but due to a brain glitch, I accidentally found this page: https://www.option-o.com/lagom-p100
Seems like Lagom is preparing a new model, yet unannounced, I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere else. 98mm, variable rpm, purge...

// as the page was taken down, here's the archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20210407165 ... lagom-p100 and here's the photo: https://i.redd.it/1bfeblrt5sr61.jpg

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by TenLayers »

Option O is bringing it!

Espresso Vision: the perfect cup of coffee starts with understanding your roast
Sponsored by Espresso Vision
Baristaboys

#3: Post by Baristaboys »

Nice find. I guess my P64 will be replaced with this eventually, if nice brew burrs will be available. Perhaps cast burrs? Perhaps something other than the SSP burrs will fit as well?

111a111sk (original poster)

#4: Post by 111a111sk (original poster) »

Fingers crossed for blind burrs. Levercraft seem to be providing them to Titus already, so perhaps also here?

STG

#5: Post by STG » replying to 111a111sk »

Is there any literature out there on the performance difference between blind and non blind burrs? I'm pretty skeptical that it makes much difference in the cup. I could see speed being affected... Of course I've been wrong before.

truemagellen
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by truemagellen » replying to STG »

i doubt there is a difference in performance, just easier to clean and less chance of alignment issues

Eiern

#7: Post by Eiern »

Cool. I see why they are making this popular size, and I hope they offer it with the SSP cast burrs as an option, as blind burrs. Will be interesting to see what the price point will be, especially after freight and customs. Everything about this is bigger and more expensive.

But I would be more interested in an in-between grinder with the cleaner design of the P64 but with 80mm burrs, cloned Ditting Lab Sweet burrs, blind and fixed with magnets. That might have me get rid of the EK for a neater home setup and would be a more unique product.

I have an EK with stock and SSP H.U. burrs, I have a P64 on the way and have loaned a P64 for a good while now. I also have a Super Jolly with SSP burrs and a Wilfa Uniform with SSP burrs, and I'm not so sure you need a 98mm burr set for small doses at home. You need a solid system (Wilfa is not) with aligned good burrs, and a certain size is good of course. I'm very impressed with the high extracted and clean espressos I get from the Lagom Unimodals. I'm demoing the High Uniformity burrs now, installed them in the Lagom from today. I do prefer the EK with stock burrs for filter brews, the Lagom Unimodal was too clean, boring, little body and sweetness and complexity.

Weber Workshops: tools for building better coffee
Sponsored by Weber Workshops
STG

#8: Post by STG » replying to Eiern »

See, this is exactly what I want! An end game brew grinder somewhere in the low to mid 2k range. I've loosely considered a lab sweet for home use but that thing is such a beast I just don't think it would fly.

A new company named Ozik is coming out with an 80mm grinder. Maybe it will be the one.

masterpotatohead

#9: Post by masterpotatohead »

somewhere in the low to mid 2k range
Whilst I like your optimism. Given that the P64 is already ~$1,500, seems like this will comfortably be in the $2-3K range.

malling

#10: Post by malling »

Eiern wrote:Cool. I see why they are making this popular size, and I hope they offer it with the SSP cast burrs as an option, as blind burrs. Will be interesting to see what the price point will be, especially after freight and customs. Everything about this is bigger and more expensive.

But I would be more interested in an in-between grinder with the cleaner design of the P64 but with 80mm burrs, cloned Ditting Lab Sweet burrs, blind and fixed with magnets. That might have me get rid of the EK for a neater home setup and would be a more unique product.

I have an EK with stock and SSP H.U. burrs, I have a P64 on the way and have loaned a P64 for a good while now. I also have a Super Jolly with SSP burrs and a Wilfa Uniform with SSP burrs, and I'm not so sure you need a 98mm burr set for small doses at home. You need a solid system (Wilfa is not) with aligned good burrs, and a certain size is good of course. I'm very impressed with the high extracted and clean espressos I get from the Lagom Unimodals. I'm demoing the High Uniformity burrs now, installed them in the Lagom from today. I do prefer the EK with stock burrs for filter brews, the Lagom Unimodal was too clean, boring, little body and sweetness and complexity.
Ozik is in the process of making a 80mm burr grinder without burr holes. They corporate with SSP in the design of their burrs.

Titus is also in the process of developing a 75mm grinder.