Lagom P100 - Page 51

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
moose123

#501: Post by moose123 »

option o has opened up pre orders again, mid to late dec delivery

Corgo

#502: Post by Corgo »

So I originally created an account on HB to buy (and failed) a P100 listed in the buy/sell. Since then, I ended buying a strietman ct2 because of the user experience thread. Wasn't planning on the p100 being available again so soon. I want to buy it but that's a lot for coffee gear in a very short time.

I thought it was already at $2,650 USD and even this blog post from 2021 list the price as $2650. https://neurrone.com/posts/lagom-p100-review/

In fact, the blog's listed prices for everything else increased except for the P100, including Versalab M4, Weber EG-1, and Monolith Flat Max.

mreloc
Supporter ♡

#503: Post by mreloc »

Corgo wrote:So I originally created an account on HB to buy (and failed) a P100 listed in the buy/sell. Since then, I ended buying a strietman ct2 because of the user experience thread. Wasn't planning on the p100 being available again so soon. I want to buy it but that's a lot for coffee gear in a very short time.
I hear ya! I just bought at Ditting 807 LS a few months ago and like it a lot. Always been curious about the P100 so I placed an order. Figure I'll see which one I like best and will sell the other... maybe...LOL

dixi08
Supporter ♡

#504: Post by dixi08 »

I'm from Canada too, and the best plan for us is waiting our reseller, Cafune, to have some. At the end it will be cheaper to buy it from them.

I bought and a P64 from them a couple of month ago, and paid $2650 CND total for the black version with the SSP HU. Knowing that it is $1755 US shipped on Option-o website (around $2430 CAD), and this without import fees that we for sure gonna have to pay).

Cafune is definitely the best choice!
★ Helpful

p4lxrich

#505: Post by p4lxrich »

Somebody convince me that I shouldn't get this. Been waiting for p64 but probably not happening anytime soon in USA. The thought about the Weber key. Now I'm thinking maybe just go all out now that we can preorder. Is this really that good? Currently have the df64. Was also debating on another unproven grinder zerno. Dunno if I want to go another unknown route.

meanmusic

#506: Post by meanmusic »

My October batch P100 just arrived. Duties charged were $70CAD shipped via UPS

dixi08 wrote:I'm from Canada too, and the best plan for us is waiting our reseller, Cafune, to have some. At the end it will be cheaper to buy it from them.

I bought and a P64 from them a couple of month ago, and paid $2650 CND total for the black version with the SSP HU. Knowing that it is $1755 US shipped on Option-o website (around $2430 CAD), and this without import fees that we for sure gonna have to pay).

dixi08
Supporter ♡

#507: Post by dixi08 »

Whaaaaatttt??? Only 70 CAD!
You might have change my mind here :shock:

iBrew

#508: Post by iBrew »

I don't understand electricity well, what are you guys in North America getting... 120 or 240? Why would one go with one over the other?

Corgo

#509: Post by Corgo replying to iBrew »

Standard US outlets are 120v (Appliance outlets can be 250v with different plug), so someone using this in the US would typically order 120v and type b plug so it is compatible with the standard outlet. Short answer is for compatibility.

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#510: Post by buckersss »

dixi08 wrote:I'm from Canada too, and the best plan for us is waiting our reseller, Cafune, to have some. At the end it will be cheaper to buy it from them.

I've spoken to Justin from Cafune many times, very nice to communicate with. Did Justin, or anyone else from Cafune, tell you that they were going to be carrying the P100s? I assume they will eventually, but was wondering if you had heard explicitly?
meanmusic wrote:My October batch P100 just arrived. Duties charged were $70CAD shipped via UPS
Did you order right from Option-O? You made out like a bandit!
Based on the link below you saved over $700cad! Normally UPS will take you to the cleaners. The product must not have been declared at full value. Customs could - I believe - open it up and assess their own value to it if they know what it is...I think. I'm not interested in duty roulette. Happy you got yours though.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voya ... l-eng.html