Lagom P100 - Page 41

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
drH

#401: Post by drH »

I'm also running these possibilities in my mind. I'd like the P100, but I don't want to foreclose my chances of making good espresso with medium and dark roasts. The P64 with standard burrs would likely make great med/dark roast espresso. The P100, though, might be next-level for light roasts, which would be a new experience for me.

heytchap

#402: Post by heytchap »

cibby wrote:Any p64 owners here who also have the p100? Curious to hear any perspectives after using both. I've seen Brian's video which was helpful. Thought there might be more folks in the HB community with insights to share.

I have both. SSP LS in the P64 and HU in the P100. I find them very complementary. I've read opinions that the LS clone is closer to the 64 MP but from all my experimenting, they seen much closer to 64 HU with a nice mouthfeel and lovely taste.

I use the P64 for espresso and the P100 for everything else.

drH

#403: Post by drH »

heytchap wrote: I have both. SSP LS in the P64 and HU in the P100. I find them very complementary. I've read opinions that the LS clone is closer to the 64 MP but from all my experimenting, they seen much closer to 64 HU with a nice mouthfeel and lovely taste.

I use the P64 for espresso and the P100 for everything else.
Why not the P100 for espresso?

heytchap

#404: Post by heytchap replying to drH »

I'm really, really liking the espresso that cast burrs make.

jlw

#405: Post by jlw »

Anyone using the P100 for both espresso and filter? I make both daily.

heytchap

#406: Post by heytchap replying to jlw »

Yes, me. Very happy.

Maggiekw

#407: Post by Maggiekw »

Do you purge some beans when switching from filter to espresso, or is the shot consistent without purging? When you dial back and forth, say you are at 11 for espresso, when you go back to 11, is it exactly the same as previous?

jlw

#408: Post by jlw »

heytchap wrote: Yes, me. Very happy.
How is the workflow going back and forth between the two?

Maggiekw

#409: Post by Maggiekw »

Anyone else waiting for the late May dispatch? I havent heard anything yet. I hope I dont get a last minute massage that says its delayed. Does anyone know if there are delays in the production/shipping?

The Bone Ranger

#410: Post by The Bone Ranger »

My early April P64 has been pushed back twice now. Not sure whether this will affect P100's...