Lagom P100 - Page 35

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
zero610

#341: Post by zero610 »

Anyone change burrs yet from what was in there from the factory? Easy, difficult? Other than shimming, any way to adjust alignment?

dockoelboto

#342: Post by dockoelboto »

mreloc wrote:Has anyone gotten any insight into when the P100 may be available? The last update on the website was from last November. I've sent them an inquiry 4 days ago and I have not received any response (which I find a bit strange from a customer service perspective)
I emailed them with a few questions, they eventually responded and as far as availability, they said pre-order sometime in Feb. No specific date.

Thanks!

dockoelboto

#343: Post by dockoelboto »

Is it just me or is this the only "end game" grinder that has very few deep dive reviews from the espresso gods? Is it just a lack of availability?

Ypuh

#344: Post by Ypuh replying to dockoelboto »

Doesn't that go for nearly all high end grinders? 9 out 10 reviews come from within the US, so if it's not available there, there's little chance of any review.

My guess is that grinders like these are more rare than you might expect. There's usually more like hundreds (or lower thousands) across the world. Many of those cluster around forums like Reddit, Kaffee-Netz, CoffeeForums or HB, but outside those channels chances of a review drop drastically. Even fewer have the means to compare.
I don't want a Decent

thoang77

#345: Post by thoang77 »

dockoelboto wrote:Is it just me or is this the only "end game" grinder that has very few deep dive reviews from the espresso gods? Is it just a lack of availability?
What end-game grinder does have a lot of deep dive reviews? Most of the others only have a lot after all the Hoffman exposure and his followers are more of the post on Youtube variety and even then, there aren't that many reviews of the EG-1, Monolith Max, or MC4. Still hardly any of the Versalab M4, E80 Supreme, 804/807 Lab Sweet, Compak pk100, or either of the Titus grinders.

The P100 has only been around ~8 months and I think has only had 2, maybe 3 shipments worth so I'm sure availability has a big part in it as well.

McPickle

#346: Post by McPickle »

An in depth review of such an expensive niche grinder isn't going to be worth the time I would guess. Especially with the p100, I'm not sure what you can even critique. Build quality is excellent, the workflow is possibly the best of any flat , burrs are super easy to access and change. The only thing I can think of if you are desperate is the fork. I added heat shrink tubing to mine and have no complaints. It's connected with 2 bolts so anyone could 3D print a fork and attach it easily.

What I think would be interesting is a subjective review of the different burr options.

thoang77

#347: Post by thoang77 »

McPickle wrote:\The only thing I can think of if you are desperate is the fork. I added heat shrink tubing to mine and have no complaints
That's the ticket! Much better than my ugly, but functional, strips of gaffers tape I stuck on there

LuckyMark

#348: Post by LuckyMark »

zero610 wrote:It's Chinese New Year so everything over there is basically shut down. A few days ago, they responded with sometime in March when the next set will probably ship out. Hopefully that's true.
Zero while CNY is celebrated in some suburbs in Australia, it is a very long way from everything is shut down. In Melbourne where Option O are based it is only the very rare business here and there. That said they may have chosen to take time off to spend with family.

waves

#349: Post by waves »

dockoelboto wrote:Is it just me or is this the only "end game" grinder that has very few deep dive reviews from the espresso gods? Is it just a lack of availability?
In terms of coffee people on YouTube the only two that have really gone in any depth with end game grinders seems to be hoffman and brian quan. It was just bad timing that it was released just after hoffman's big grinder showdown. Brian seems to be the best bet as I think I saw him post a picture on fb with the grinder and he seems to have experience with a wide range of high end grinders. It seems that most other reviewers seem to focus on hand grinders or in the niche/d64/eureka price range or what they've been gifted.

dockoelboto

#350: Post by dockoelboto »

There is another YouTuber - Fabian, who did a deep dive with the MAX/MC4, Versalab M4 and Levercraft Ultra I believe. Would have been neat to see the p100 in Hoffmans review of end game grinders.