Lagom P100 - Page 24

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ho.alan

#231: Post by ho.alan »

atroster99 thanks for the reply.

I'll see if I can reach Hayden here. I hope he can sort out the orders from Tao-Bad website.
That is where I originally ordered the machine and talk to their representatives.

Hopefully they have it in stock!

Cheers~

Hebeares

#232: Post by Hebeares »

The more I use P100 the more I love it! It's fast, easy and give me consistent grinds every time! Plus it is true 0 retention. I stopped weighing my coffee after grinding as it is as much as it weighted before the grinding!

Amberale

#233: Post by Amberale »

Nice Hebeares.
What basket and dose are you using to get those even pucks.

Hebeares

#234: Post by Hebeares replying to Amberale »

Hi~ it's IMS Baristapro 10/12g basket. I put 13.5gram beans in and extract 25 gram expression out in 28 seconds. I also used bplus puck screen. I think this is probably the key to a clean puck.

atroster99
Supporter ♡

#235: Post by atroster99 »

heabares - I'm jealous as I'm still waiting on my silver p100 from the same order -a bunch of silver grinders had cosmetic defects and no recent updates on shipments.

I have a Lelit Bianca too and have made great coffee with it using a versalab m4. I'm pairing up my "soon to arrive" p100 with a decent.

For whatever it's worth - the decent + versalab produces much better espresso than the Bianca does. I plan to do versalab/decent vs p100/decent.

Hebeares

#236: Post by Hebeares »

atroster99 wrote:heabares - I'm jealous as I'm still waiting on my silver p100 from the same order -a bunch of silver grinders had cosmetic defects and no recent updates on shipments.

I have a Lelit Bianca too and have made great coffee with it using a versalab m4. I'm pairing up my "soon to arrive" p100 with a decent.

For whatever it's worth - the decent + versalab produces much better espresso than the Bianca does. I plan to do versalab/decent vs p100/decent.

Hi. I was ordering the silver version as well however learning they are delaying the batch I decided to switch to black. It turned out great! Love your decent! I believe it is for more coffee aficionados and I might not be there yet;) currently still enjoying pure manual operation and feel worried it won't satisfy me sooner. :lol:

atroster99
Supporter ♡

#237: Post by atroster99 »

Smart choice. Black looks awesome !

My wife would never allow the black grinder in the kitchen !! She wouldn't allow a black decent either. Had to be white.

Separate thread - but I love the Manuel control on Bianca too. The Bianca taught me a ton about flow and pressure and made me want greater precision. You actually have way more control with decent. You make choices before the shot that you would not be able to control with a paddle.

Process is different on 2 machines but thus far the product is noticeably better on decent. Admittedly, I have a lot of experience with machines and grinders and I think that helps a ton with the decent. But decent community Is more than happy to help out more novice baristas.

Back to p100!
Anyhow - apparently silver grinders are shipping by early next week !!!

codes123

#238: Post by codes123 »

Hebeares

#239: Post by Hebeares »

atroster99 wrote:Smart choice. Black looks awesome !

My wife would never allow the black grinder in the kitchen !! She wouldn't allow a black decent either. Had to be white.

Separate thread - but I love the Manuel control on Bianca too. The Bianca taught me a ton about flow and pressure and made me want greater precision. You actually have way more control with decent. You make choices before the shot that you would not be able to control with a paddle.

Process is different on 2 machines but thus far the product is noticeably better on decent. Admittedly, I have a lot of experience with machines and grinders and I think that helps a ton with the decent. But decent community Is more than happy to help out more novice baristas.

Back to p100!
Anyhow - apparently silver grinders are shipping by early next week !!!

Good for you! As long as your wife permits P100 and Decent, color is the least problem for you haha!

bigwill336

#240: Post by bigwill336 »

The P100 has been a blast. It gives a completely different flavor profile compared to my Mythos Clima Pro. Still seasoning the burrs at this point, but so far so good.