Lagom P100 - Page 21

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
JavaKoffie

#201: Post by JavaKoffie »

Just received an email from Hayden. Some parts have an anodization issue. Will be another two weeks before shipping. Unless I choose the black color. Anyone else notified? He responded to an email of mine asking about delivery time. Not sure if a message was sent out to everyone. I am inclined to wait. Anyone receive previously the black version?

ancoffee

#202: Post by ancoffee »

Just received an email from OP. So I love the color black and am happy with the change

JavaKoffie

#203: Post by JavaKoffie »

OK, I messaged back I will change to black. I generally like black on hi-tech equipment. Thought in this case silver would be the better choice. I hope I love the black version.

Now the 64,000 question. A high-end grinder is supposed to bring out the subtle flavor notes of the bean. My biggest fear I will not see a difference. For the inaugural run what bean is recommended to realize the potential of this grinder?

The docs say seasoning not required. I have some old beans I can use for this but should be considered a virgin run.

TDeSanto

#204: Post by TDeSanto »

JavaKoffie wrote:Just received an email from Hayden. Some parts have an anodization issue. Will be another two weeks before shipping. Unless I choose the black color. Anyone else notified? He responded to an email of mine asking about delivery time. Not sure if a message was sent out to everyone. I am inclined to wait. Anyone receive previously the black version?
Yes, I got the same email last night/ this morning. Hayden reached out proactively. I had wanted to send him a note asking for an ETA, but was holding off, because I know they're probably flooded with email right now...such high demand for this grinder.

jchong_au

#205: Post by jchong_au »

JavaKoffie wrote:The docs say seasoning not required. I have some old beans I can use for this but should be considered a virgin run.
I had read in other forums, and confirmed with SSP, that with HU 98mm burrs, 1-5kg of dark roast would suffice for seasoning. Not sure if that is the same for the P100.

anx21

#206: Post by anx21 »

Are there any photos of a black P100? I've only seen this extremely low res one from google images:

jchong_au

#207: Post by jchong_au »

This was the one that I was shown when asking about the black. I don't think they've got around to organising marketing photos for the black version yet.

jevenator

#208: Post by jevenator »

There have been full albums posted on the EAF discord channel of the Black P100. Looks pretty sleek.

kidloco

#209: Post by kidloco »

So what's ETA on the black ones then?

anx21

#210: Post by anx21 »

The email said shipped next week at the latest