LAGOM mini - Page 16

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Pflunz

#151: Post by Pflunz »

You switch the grinder off, then close the burrs until you cannot turn anymore (you can feel it, no force needed). That is the zero point for lagom mini. For espresso you then turn 4-5 dots back. 18 dots for filter.

iPa64

#152: Post by iPa64 »

Got mine today :D
There are some improvements since July 2022!
Starting July 2022, we have also updated the motor/gear component using reinforced gears to allow the Mini to handle even more demanding espresso applications (e.g. light roasts).

iPa64

#153: Post by iPa64 »

48mm Obsydian burrs

First impressions:
- Unbelievable heavy.
- very nice finish.
- very low noise.
- Little static electricity.
- A little detail, I would prefer a black color for the power supply (it's white).

For now, tested a V60 light roast (15gr 30s) and a medium for espresso (20gr 60s), without any difficulty.
A few blows with the palm of the curved hand to bring out the last 0.2gr
Good result in the cup, didn't feel difference with my commandante C40 ( just my feelings).

iPa64

#154: Post by iPa64 »

I have just made a bellows to print, it works very well.
I share it here, enjoy
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5654788

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#155: Post by buckersss »

Starspawn2318 wrote:I ordered a mini for the same purpose. I have a P64 with SSP MP burrs. I think it leaves something to be desired with some medium-dark roasts. So I have a mini ordered with the Obsydian burrs for a more rounded profile with more texture. I'll post an update after it comes in, supposedly later in the month.
Any feedback on the obsydian burrs? I'm thinking about grabbing a mini for work and travel.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had experience pairing the mini with a robot for espresso? Thanks.

Starspawn2318

#156: Post by Starspawn2318 replying to buckersss »

The Obsydian burrs were nice. Rounded flavor, not a ton of separation of flavors. Reasonable texture/body. At times certain shots that seemed to be dialed in had a difficult to describe harshness at the beginning of the shot, not terrible. Didn't ruin the shot by any means, I never had stalling. The filter coffee was nice. Again not tons of clarity but complex cups that were nice. I ended up selling it because I wanted a higher end conical body + clarity and so I'm waiting on an MC5.

I think for a travel grinder or work setting it would be a very reasonable choice especially if you don't want to hand grand. It should travel very easily at its size and weight.

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#157: Post by buckersss »

Thanks Frank. Appreciate the info

cebseb

#158: Post by cebseb »

iPa64 wrote:I have just made a bellows to print, it works very well.
I share it here, enjoy
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5654788

Thanks for sharing! How is it holding up for you? Has it suffered any stress wears?

iPa64

#159: Post by iPa64 »

Yes it has, after few weeks.
I printed it again with an higher temperature.
In fact, now I use a little water spray to add humidity on beans to avoid static electricity and some slap with palm hand at the end of the grinding process (got this tips on another forum).
At first I was hostile to the idea to add some water, but even James Hoffman use this method. Time will tell...

Mirazur

#160: Post by Mirazur »

Hello, I have a question and don't seem to find an answer online.

Is it possible (and not hard) to calibrate the dial alligning zero to burrs lock pr burr chirp?