LAGOM mini - Page 11

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
zero610

#101: Post by zero610 »

Anyone have carrying case options for those of us wanting to use this grinder for travel? Looks like Option O is developing a felt case but it is sold out and when I emailed, they said it's somewhat still under development.

zellleonhart

#102: Post by zellleonhart replying to zero610 »

I bought a nintendo switch eva hard case and repurposed the original foam from the Lagom Mini's packaging to retrofit. Now all my coffee kit can fit into this travel case(lagom mini, adapter, brewer, filter paper, coffee beans and scale). There's also a zip pocket on the other side that can fit some small accessories.

It looks like this inside:

and from the outside (not my photo):

Advertisement
zero610

#103: Post by zero610 replying to zellleonhart »

Wow, that looks great. Any idea where you bought it?

zellleonhart

#104: Post by zellleonhart »

zero610 wrote: Wow, that looks great. Any idea where you bought it?
I am in Malaysia so I bought it off a local e-commerce site (something like our local amazon-like site).

It looks identical to this: https://www.amazon.com/Zadii-Carrying-C ... 074JFY4JF/ but you can search around Amazon/ebay/aliexpress for nintendo switch hard case.

Just use a cutter to make the cut outs from the foam for your accessories. I don't use the foam from the case itself because they are too hard.

zero610

#105: Post by zero610 replying to zellleonhart »

Good info. Thanks again!

Blacksocksonly

#106: Post by Blacksocksonly »

Has anyone here tried both Obsydian and Moonshine burr?
How are the difference? and do you think it's worth buying one another?

I have Obsydian burr, and it's great. Just want to know how the other side is.

level3ninja

#107: Post by level3ninja replying to Blacksocksonly »

The Moonshine is one step less muddy due to lower fines. Otherwise they're pretty similar, they're the same size and geometry etc. I can't say whether that's worth it to you.

Advertisement
p4lxrich

#108: Post by p4lxrich »

End of July timeframe was the estimate and i ordered silver

dikemiya

#109: Post by dikemiya »

I just saw there was a new case being made on Option O website and contacted them about it.

If you see their official social media account for China (little red book ).

majs2009

#110: Post by majs2009 »

I just received my black lagom mini with moonshine burrs today. The material and build quality feels very premium. It is heavier than it looks.

The first thing I did was testing it at the finest setting possible (just one tick past burrs touching point) which was finer than I would ever need for espresso. I used light-medium roast. It ground through the beans smoothly without any hint of stalling.

I also tried a V60, the cup had nice body with clear presentation of the tasting notes.

For initial impression, I am very happy with my purchase.