La Marzocco Swan grinder (now not) released - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
baldheadracing (original poster)
Team HB

#11: Post by baldheadracing (original poster) »

LineaMurphy wrote:Is it time or weight based grinding?
Details are scarce, but IIRC it was said a few years ago that the prototype counted the number of burr rotations, so neither time nor weight. The grinder in the video definitely isn't weight (gravimetric).
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

baldheadracing (original poster)
Team HB

#12: Post by baldheadracing (original poster) »

False alarm, from Daily Coffee News' coverage of the new grinders shown at HOST 2023:
... While much of the attention at the La Marzocco booths was focused on new espresso machinery, such as the above-mentioned Sync System launch or the new line of Strada machines, working prototypes of the La Marzocco Swan commercial grinder were quietly supplying the grinds. La Marzocco introduced the Swan concept in 2019. The grinder has not yet been publicly released.
- from https://dailycoffeenews.com/2023/10/25/ ... ilano-2023
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#13: Post by Milligan »

Bummer. I was actually interested in that one. Hopefully they eventually release details on a full launch.

Earthy

#14: Post by Earthy »

baldheadracing wrote:False alarm, from Daily Coffee News' coverage of the new grinders shown at HOST 2023:

- from https://dailycoffeenews.com/2023/10/25/ ... ilano-2023
The Zeus... wow. Speechless.

LineaMurphy

#15: Post by LineaMurphy »

Love the focus on GBW. I find the grind by sync partnership puzzling when LM is trying to launch a commercial grinder but find the concept cool regardless. I'll be interested to see if an Atom W launches under the Lucca line with some more features.