Kinu M47 Simplicity

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Yan

#1: Post by Yan »

Any info about the product, they're launching at Host milano...

From their web site there are two options Classic and For Pour-Over, hopefully they can sale the optional burr for the existing model... :D

namelessone

#2: Post by namelessone »

When I emailed them last month they had said:
We are already study more than 1 year a specialized brew burr set. Once you have purchase a Kinu model using an 47mm, you can simply upgrade to a brew burr set in the future once we will have finish the development and offer it in the webpage.
I'm not 100% sure how the upgrade will work since their burrs are machine fitted for perfect alignment.

devlin2427

#3: Post by devlin2427 »

In theory, you will be able to replace only the mobile burr. Remains to be seen how much will it change the grind distribution.

radu

#4: Post by radu »

In practice, you only change the inner burr and you use the new burr. Works only for filter.

If you need any more info, I am at HOST, so I can ask them.
LMWDP #616

autoexec

#5: Post by autoexec replying to radu »

Have you confirmed this to be the case? If not please do. And how much will they be selling the burr(s). Thanks!

Yan (original poster)

#6: Post by Yan (original poster) »

radu wrote:In practice, you only change the inner burr and you use the new burr. Works only for filter.

If you need any more info, I am at HOST, so I can ask them.
Wow interesting... hopefully international distributor (Indonesia/Jakarta) will import the optional brew burr, when the optional filter burr will be launch officially?

Cheers

fiechtl5

#7: Post by fiechtl5 »

I am curious about the differences between the Phoenix and the Simplicity. Does anybody know where the additional $75 come from on top of the Phoenix?

guijan12

#8: Post by guijan12 »

namelessone wrote: I'm not 100% sure how the upgrade will work since their burrs are machine fitted for perfect alignment.
Is that so?
I still received the burr removal tool with my Kinu M47 (2018 model).
Why would they have done that?

Or is this only the case for the later models?
Regards,

Guido

devlin2427

#9: Post by devlin2427 »

fiechtl5 wrote:I am curious about the differences between the Phoenix and the Simplicity. Does anybody know where the additional $75 come from on top of the Phoenix?
The Simplicity is a full on metal M47 without the metal grounds cup and with some plastic around the top. The Phoenix has plastic parts inside.

radu

#10: Post by radu »

fiechtl5 wrote:I am curious about the differences between the Phoenix and the Simplicity. Does anybody know where the additional $75 come from on top of the Phoenix?
As devlin said, the Simplicity is an M47, not a Phoenix.

It is the identical body of the M47 (the expensive one), but with a plastic funnel and a plastic cup. The magnetic cup can / will be available to buy separately and it can be used on the Simplicity.

@yan - the brew burr will be available in two months.

Update: this is the brew burr. It will be coated black, just like the rest of the Kinu burrs (the left is the brew burr, right is the standard burr).

LMWDP #616