New Kinu grinders - Page 39

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
renatoa

#381: Post by renatoa » Jan 04, 2018, 5:53 am

GlennV wrote:The only other grinder that I know uses the same burrs as the M47 is the Bezzera BB005. Do you know of any others?
Nope, they aren't the same, check here the BB005 burrs:
http://mblogthumb3.phinf.naver.net/2013 ... if?type=w2

Kinu burrs are much closer to Casadio Instantaneo burrs, which we used in my Porche47 home made grinder. They are manufactured by same Italmill.
http://www.cateringparts.ie/images/prod ... 251110.jpg

Cafillo

#382: Post by Cafillo » Jan 04, 2018, 6:46 am

GlennV wrote:The only other grinder that I know uses the same burrs as the M47 is the Bezzera BB005. Do you know of any others?
Check this page... there is at least Lido 2:
Feldgrind grinder for espresso and pourover?

And the smaller burrs from ital mill (M38) are used in some:
User Experience: Helor 101 Hand Grinder

HB
Admin

#383: Post by HB » Jan 04, 2018, 10:08 am

I haven't said it yet in the forums, so before I forget: Happy New Year! And now onto the exchanges in the last couple pages...

When one member accuses another of ad hominem attacks, it's a clear warning that the site's Guidelines for productive online discussion are not being followed. As for guidelines on posting limitations for vendors (or those who they hire), please see Vendor participation in the forums. Rather than try to tease out who's "right" and who's "wrong" on a snowy, cold January morning, I'm simply going to close this thread for review.

I haven't followed this thread closely. But since this thread dates back to 2016 and is nearing 40 pages, I believe it's worth considering separate, more focused discussions rather than a single "collector" thread. On that note, Guidelines on mega threads and How do I ask a good question? offer recommendations on promoting more search-friendly and goal-oriented discussions.

Contributors to this thread, please take a look at the above guidelines. Thanks, and again, please accept my best wishes for a happy and healthy 2018. :-)
Dan Kehn