KINGrinder manual grinders. The new king of value? - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Rcus

#21: Post by Rcus »

boren wrote:Can you share a link to the page where these slogans are?
You just need to visit its official online store in taobao and translate their slogans on the product description pictures to get similar meaning statements. I should emphasize that i didn't make any comment on those slogans and all my current grinders are made in and branded in China.

The brand and grinders are not too new and you can find more information on Chinese media.

malling

#22: Post by malling »

jandrew wrote:1zpresso has offices in Taiwan and China and its products are manufactured in China.

I've not seen the previously mentioned "slogan" for Kingrinder anywhere and can't comment on its translation --- but in its own context it may not be any different than a "proudly American made" sticker/label.
Why I wrote "If", but I would not be overly surprised after having lived in Asia, if it where to be the case, but sometimes allot get lost in translation.

Yeah or the different variance of prodotto Italiano, with 100% or Qualita Premium with a massive flag plastered over it, on even a can of chopped tomatoes. Like it was supposed to be a delicacy or excellent quality just because it's Italian made.

Not that my own country is any better.

jpender

#23: Post by jpender »

I'm too stupid to search for Chinese websites. You can't feed us a link or two?

In any case, I think it's overgeneralizing to discount the quality of a product based on the country it is manufactured in. Better to judge the products themselves. With food it's understandable that one might exercise extra caution since there's no easy way to know. But it seems that people are pretty happy with the 1Zpresso grinders. If the same company is really behind Kingrinders as well then perhaps that's a positive sign.

Rcus

#24: Post by Rcus » replying to jpender »

As I have mentioned in the previous post, my grinderS are all brandedand made in China. The quality of the products are not totally related to the origin. The fact is there are modern famous grinders are branded and made in China as well.

Besides, the kingrinder's grinders are having similar product quality as other china branded hand grinders in their price ranges.

jpender

#25: Post by jpender »

Pasting a hyperlink into a post is one of the easiest things in the world to do. So... why not?

Pressino

#26: Post by Pressino »

jpender wrote: ...In any case, I think it's overgeneralizing to discount the quality of a product based on the country it is manufactured in. Better to judge the products themselves....
I agree. I have two 1Z-Presso grinders..the JX-Pro and J-Max and both are extremely well built and do a superb job grinding coffee. I thought they were made in Taiwan, but apparently they are made or at least assembled) in the PRC, according to the Amazon Q&A site linked by jandrew. I still don't know (and does anyone here know?) eaxtly where the components were manufactured, especially the burrs, shaft, and bearings? having taken apart and reassembled both the JX-Pro and J-Max these components are exceptionally well machined with very tight tolerances. :)

_sawas_

#27: Post by _sawas_ »

I think this thread got out of topic. Based on what I read the company was made by people who used to work for 1Zpresso. u/KINGrinder is also on reddit so you can ask them directly.

The construction is very similar to 1Zpresso but the bigger steps mean that they are not directly competing with Jpro and Jmax.

zellleonhart

#28: Post by zellleonhart »

Let me just do a favour and send the product link from Taobao and the image with the alleged "slogan" here... https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a3 ... 8966274965
Link to the product image with that "slogan"

To be honest this kind of "slogan" in product images is very common in Taobao and it doesn't seem like their "official slogan". The first line is simply "thanks for supporting local products" (nothing wrong with it). The second line is a word play with rhyming, you're not supposed to take it very literally. If you translate word by word then yes, the phrase "崇洋" roughly means "blind worship of foreign goods and ideas" but it is not as serious as you think it is, in the context of the language. Most people would just brush it off and the line does not appear in anywhere else other than that photo.

Regardless the company is based in mainland china or Taiwan, I don't see any offensive propaganda or slogan in the product description and the web store. The reviews in Taobao mostly are quite positive, it is only $34 USD shipped within China for the cheapest variant... For the price, it is worth considering!

espressivo

#29: Post by espressivo »

All of that makes sense, though I can't read Chinese myself. What is clear is that the international success of 1Zpresso has resulted in the appearance of at least one competing brand that manufactures its grinders in China (as does 1Zpresso) and I suspect there are others. I would expect these competitors to undercut 1Zpresso in price.

I would also be surprised if these Chinese-made grinders didn't source parts internationally. Recently I was in Costa Rica (mainly for the coffee, of course) and they are very proud of their rapidly expanding 'high tech' sector, in particular that six parts of the iPhone are made there and sent to China for assembly.

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#30: Post by baldheadracing »

I took the Google translation to be similar in spirit to: "Proudly Made in the USA. Buy American."

More broadly, the spirit is somewhat different as - these days - an American celebrity would not be publicly shamed for being sponsored by or promoting a foreign product.