Kamel's Bomb Grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
p4lxrich

#1: Post by p4lxrich »

https://m.english.kamel.co.kr/product/b ... display/2/

Has anyone tried this yet or know anything about it? i've only gotten some other stuff from them. Variable rpm 70-165 (not sure how this is really variable). Some smart feature. Uses 191C Mazzer 63mm conical burr. I just like how it looks and perhaps work flow would be good. I was hoping it would be flat burrs.

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

The most important question is how is alignment and workflow. As I see it, it's a Niche competitor, the question is, does the extra $400 get you anything worthwhile. Given there is no indication of what the inside looks like it's a bit hard to even guess.

Aster X

#3: Post by Aster X »

There is only one video I found about it, looks interesting but no other real info:

ira
Team HB

#4: Post by ira »

From the video I'd say it has a chance of being really good. Looks like all the basic stuff is done to make sure alignment can be close to perfect, just don't know if they go to the trouble to make sure it is. To me it looks like the shaft bearings and the lower burr mating surface need to be cut on different setups, always a recipe for disaster if you're not really careful, but that's just inference from an annoyingly slow video, so who knows if I'm right.

Jonk

#5: Post by Jonk »

The fact that it can run in reverse makes me wonder if it has issues with stalling, perhaps with dense beans and the lowest RPM. Could just be a pre-caution of course.

Capuchin Monk

#6: Post by Capuchin Monk »

Very interesting! Haven't heard that company name before. They have another grinder. https://m.english.kamel.co.kr/product/e ... display/3/
Plus a roaster that may give Kaldi run for their money. :shock: https://m.english.kamel.co.kr/

ira
Team HB

#7: Post by ira »

I don't think that's a grinder, I think it's a motor for driving hand grinders.

Ira

yakster
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by yakster »

Looks like the reverse feature is probably due to using the same base platform from their hand grinder motor kit.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Aster X

#9: Post by Aster X »

Jonk wrote:The fact that it can run in reverse makes me wonder if it has issues with stalling, perhaps with dense beans and the lowest RPM. Could just be a pre-caution of course.
Some similar grinders have this function, called anti-retention module, it helps to clear the grind potentially stuck inside after grinding the dose.

Capuchin Monk

#10: Post by Capuchin Monk »

ira wrote:I don't think that's a grinder, I think it's a motor for driving hand grinders.
I see. :oops: