Kalita Nice Cut Mill - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
User avatar
FotonDrv

#11: Post by FotonDrv »

This model of that style grinder apparently has espresso grinding burrs and if you used it with a mini hopper, or no hopper, it would fit under an upper cabinet.

http://www.feima.com.tw/index.php?route ... duct_id=62

It is the 206N, with 90mm burrs.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

User avatar
hankua
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by hankua »

I've had several of these style grinder both big and small. The big ones come with ghost burrs, higher end models with upgraded motors and machined flat burrs. "SlowRain" pointed out the Feima brand 'Flying Horse" manufactured by Yang-Chia Machine Works LTD http://www.feima.com.tw

You Wei Co., Ltd manufactures the "Flying Eagle" http://you-wei.com/e/e-profile.htm.

On the small Taiwanese versions the low end models have cast burrs, Italian machined burrs are on upgraded ones. The recently introduced Feima has a nice looking set of ghost burrs. Does it stack up to the legendary Fuji R220? Someone with both grinder would have to make that comparison. One BIG concern with ALL these grinder is they're not child safe and kids could easily lose a finger playing coffee. If you have one in the house with children, please CEMENT the hopper on permanently.

I'll be getting one of the new 610N Tooth burr mills some time this year to try out.

Intrepid510

#13: Post by Intrepid510 »

Thanks for buying this and posting your impressions, I have had my eye on it for a while as I would like to replace my Preciso because the darn thing breaks every few months just from grinding light roasts for brew.

User avatar
FotonDrv

#14: Post by FotonDrv »

Hank, is that "Tooth Burr" more specific to drip coffee?

Where on those sites can you find prices? I have searched them both, using the English option, and found nothing.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

User avatar
Shenrei (original poster)

#15: Post by Shenrei (original poster) »

From what I understand, the Fuji Royals with the 'standard' ghost tooth burrs are mainly for drip/brew. The slightly more expensive models have cutting type burrs that can be used for espresso.
- Tim

User avatar
hankua
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by hankua »

FotonDrv wrote:Hank, is that "Tooth Burr" more specific to drip coffee?

Where on those sites can you find prices? I have searched them both, using the English option, and found nothing.
Yes it's a drip/syphon style machine. I'll check with the dealer and see if they can ship direct to US customers.

Beenbag

#17: Post by Beenbag »

FotonDrv wrote:This model of that style grinder apparently has espresso grinding burrs and if you used it with a mini hopper, or no hopper, it would fit under an upper cabinet.

http://www.feima.com.tw/index.php?route ... duct_id=62

It is the 206N, with 90mm burrs.
Hmm ?
I like the spec that casually mentions " 1300 gms/min" !! :shock:
....that's less than a second for a 20 gm double shot dose !
Might be a little tricky to control in the kitchen . :lol:

Isn't this just a EK 43 knock off ?

User avatar
Shenrei (original poster)

#18: Post by Shenrei (original poster) »

That one looks to be fairly large seeing as it comes in at 15.6kg. With 90mm burrs and 1400rpm, I believe it. My little Kalita is only 2.3kg
- Tim

User avatar
FotonDrv

#19: Post by FotonDrv »

Beenbag wrote:Hmm ?
I like the spec that casually mentions " 1300 gms/min" !! :shock:
....that's less than a second for a 20 gm double shot dose !
Might be a little tricky to control in the kitchen . :lol:

Isn't this just a EK 43 knock off ?
Maybe, but what is the price? The EK needs some competition :)
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

User avatar
zammie

#20: Post by zammie »

If you are interested in the Fuji Royal R-220 or Kalita Nice Cut, you can also try ordering via Rakuten Global. Just need to navigate their sign-up and ordering pages :)

Check out this page http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/coff ... mirukko01/ it has a nice little comparison chart between the R-220 and Nice Cut. It's a 2 horse race over there.

Good to know Feima now has a ghost tooth grinder as well!
dizzy

LMWDP #455