Kafatek New Announcement Coming Soon - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
vietcrunk

#21: Post by vietcrunk »

CraigF wrote:Seems to me the only thing he lacks is scale to meet demand.

Kafatek Scale confirmed!

ira
Team HB

#22: Post by ira »

I don't think scale is the problem. I believe he has a real job he doesn't want to leave and in effect, this is a hobby that got out of hand. You can see that in how he works, every batch is an upgrade from the last.

NelisB

#23: Post by NelisB »

PhilthyCoffee

#24: Post by PhilthyCoffee »

mborkow wrote:New grinder with a new burr. Nothing else would be major and deserve a 3 day tease
Tell that to the people on the forum who think it's ...hold your hats....a tamper station to hold the Levtamps, given the machining tool shown in the teaser pic. People need to get out more.

I'm with you, I would say either DRM hybrid or 120mm flat SuperMax. I'd lean DRM so there's 2 flats and 2 dual burr setups to choose from. I would doubt anything down market unless it's coming from China.
NelisB wrote:

EvanOz85

#25: Post by EvanOz85 »

PhilthyCoffee wrote: 120mm flat SuperMax.
I want it to be this so bad, but Denis told me just a month or two ago through email that he didn't believe there was any benefit to 120mm over 98mm burrs outside of speed. Maybe he's right, but gosh how cool it would be!

Capuchin Monk

#26: Post by Capuchin Monk »

EvanOz85 wrote:Maybe he's right, but gosh how cool it would be!
Some go for the cool factor. Men's razor commonly had 1 blade in the past, then 2 blades, 3, 4 and then 5 blades! It costs more and shaves about the same as 2 blades but man, the status symbol is something to be had! 8)

PhilthyCoffee

#27: Post by PhilthyCoffee »

EvanOz85 wrote:I want it to be this so bad, but Denis told me just a month or two ago through email that he didn't believe there was any benefit to 120mm over 98mm burrs outside of speed. Maybe he's right, but gosh how cool it would be!
Yeah that would be cool. Looking at Denis' tags he chose, and the order in the pic, I'd lean towards either DRM, or possibly new Shuriken conical burrs, or both.

Chert

#28: Post by Chert »

I've been so intrigued by the shuriken, I'm hoping for nunchaku.
LMWDP #198

Shenrei

#29: Post by Shenrei »

Kafatek Monolith Kunai. You can throw the burrs and use them as actual weapons.
- Tim

Mech33

#30: Post by Mech33 »

Probably another new burr design. Would like to see some actual quantitative data between the various burr designs (and competitor burrs) on grind output...