Kafatek Monolith Flat Burr Alignment - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ds

#31: Post by ds »

sluflyer06 wrote:Everything you just said is literally what I'm getting at with my questions. So basically short of Denis performing burr replacements for people, many years down the road, these are one shot deals. I'm mostly just pointing this out, not trying to start anything. I've wanted a Monocon since first run, and finally decided to buy on the current run and I'm thrilled.
Not at all. For example, many people changed to SSP burrs on Monolith and bunch of other grinders without any problems. As I mentioned already, if new burrs you got are OK, and generally they are, its as simple as mounting them... The key is that the parts you are mounting burrs on are good.

danetrainer

#32: Post by danetrainer »

1. TiN coated burrs will outlast me...I don't need to look up the rated life to convince me. Heck, non coated burrs will outlast most home usage.

2. Also, for swapping out a burr (such as the SSP) would be so close to perfect, I would not have a concern.

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#33: Post by mivanitsky »

In home usage, burrs of this size only fail by user error--mainly the inadvertent grinding of rocks in poorly prepared roasts of DP coffees from Ethiopia and Yemen. Realistically, the burrs should last long enough, otherwise.

All SSP burrs are made to high enough tolerances for Denis' approval.

sluflyer06

#34: Post by sluflyer06 »

danetrainer wrote:1. TiN coated burrs will outlast me...I don't need to look up the rated life to convince me. Heck, non coated burrs will outlast most home usage.

2. Also, for swapping out a burr (such as the SSP) would be so close to perfect, I would not have a concern.
According to SSP website they dont offer a conical that would fit unfortunately. They only offer 1 conical burr and it's the 71mm.

oButto

#35: Post by oButto replying to sluflyer06 »

You can probably message Denis and ask for a replacement if you ever come to a point where you need to replace the burrs.