Kafatek Monolith Conical has gone through a major change... - Page 18

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
danetrainer

#171: Post by danetrainer »

Michael, you know you *need* one :lol:

His flat he says has the Mythos titanium coated burrs, I had the flat grinder for two years and had both those burrs, then replaced them with SSP red speed burrs the second year.

I don't have any ability now to do a side by side taste comparison with my MC6 but I wouldn't trade back for either flat. Even with MAX SLM here both shots are great, just when you move to a very light coffee & delicate tasting notes would I especially prefer the MAX.

There could be a difference in all this if your flat has the SLM burrs and then it would be more in line with thoughts with it compared to MAX.
The flat didn't wow me with Mythos or SSP burrs.

cmin

#172: Post by cmin »

JohnB. wrote: It's a little better at pulling out the various flavors then the 14 ridgeless. I don't measure extraction, I go strictly by taste.
100%, have all HQ baskets and the ridgeless 14 I just don't care for, I can never seem to dial it in as good as others which is so weird, for some reason mine is finnicky. But the ridged 14 I love and my old ridgeless HQ21 from like 12 years ago (think they changed names or baskets not sure what it is now, they have a triple also which I bought and my ridgeless 21 is way less volume).

Much prefer over my VSTs whether light or med (and especially on dark) roast, flat or conical. Don't care about extraction %, I care about taste. I can pull a high % if I want pushing the limits but moot point to me as those generally taste worse higher you go to me on extraction.

I would say my ridged 14 and ridgeless 21 (whatever its called now lol?) are my go to over all baskets including IMS, Pullman and VST.

Yuba

#173: Post by Yuba »

Can the new version of Shurikones be dropped into the older grinders?

BaristaBoy E61

#174: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Is there a web gallery where one can see what all permutations and variations of colour and accessory combinations can be viewed before ordering an MC6 or any other Kafatek grinder?

We're asked to drop a whole lot of money without the option to change our minds and without seeing what the delivered product will look like.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#175: Post by JohnB. »

Lots of photos in the MC6 threads on the Kafatek forum.
LMWDP 267

BaristaBoy E61

#176: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Thanks John, I've looked but nothing would be more helpful than a full gallery.

I don't know why they don't have one. KvdW does a pretty good job of that. No idea where the marketing people are on that.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#177: Post by baristainzmking »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:
I don't know why they don't have one. KvdW does a pretty good job of that. No idea where the marketing people are on that.
I am not sure that there is a marketing team.
Julia

BaristaBoy E61

#178: Post by BaristaBoy E61 replying to baristainzmking »

Denis' site should be like Toyota or Lexus with a 'Build your grinder', displaying every change variation you select.

Easier to put the trigger when you can see what you're selecting.

ira
Team HB

#179: Post by ira »

In theory this is still somewhat of a hobby for Dennis and he sells all he makes so he has no reason to do any marketing at all.

Midway

#180: Post by Midway »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:Is there a web gallery where one can see what all permutations and variations of colour and accessory combinations can be viewed before ordering an MC6 or any other Kafatek grinder?

We're asked to drop a whole lot of money without the option to change our minds and without seeing what the delivered product will look like.
Have you checked KafaTek's Instragram page?