KafaTek Monolith Concial: Production Run #10 User Experience

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
BaristaBob

#1: Post by BaristaBob »

Hi All,

Looks like the latest, greatest Monolith Conicals are heading out of Denis' shop this week. I'm starting this thread to collect user experience and comments on what is production run #10 which includes at least two significant modifications...the self-locking fineness adjustment system and a smaller grind chamber (again closing the gap on zero retention). Let's discuss here as these grinders arrive at our doorstep.

Best to all! :D
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

HRC-E.B.

#2: Post by HRC-E.B. »

Certainly looking forward to reading owners' accounts while I wait for mine, which I should get sometime in February in the next production run!

Advertisement
BaristaBob (original poster)

#3: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) »

Received a email from Denis a couple of days ago that he had thoroughly tested my grinder and using his Slayer locked in on "9" on the dial for optimum flavor using Caffe Lusso Miscela Carmo.
Should be interesting to see where I end up using my BDB since it has the capability of pulling Slayer-like shots. We will see! 8)

sluflyer06

#4: Post by sluflyer06 »

Everybody must be busy enjoying their new conicals, many of the orders shipped, but no threads yet to tease everyone on how great they are 8)

#5: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) replying to sluflyer06 »

Hi Anthony,

Ha, ha...enjoying indeed. Stay tuned, it just arrived late yesterday...just into second cup with it. I have much to say considering all the accolades.

#6: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) »

My MonoCon arrived late yesterday...

Time to rock and roll. 8)

cnworld

#7: Post by cnworld »

I received mine a few days ago and have made several shots with it. May just be because it is new, but I tentatively like it better then my Monolith Flat (May 2017 batch). I like the simplicity of just one button and one speed. I like the new on/off button. The new self locking adjustment is a big improvement. I also prefer the safty top you can just dump the beans into instead of the walnut cover you have to remove. As expected the grinds it produces are top notch uniform and fluffy. Taste in the cup is great as well. I may be set with espresso equipment for life now:)

Advertisement
DaveB

#8: Post by DaveB »

BaristaBob wrote:I have much to say considering all the accolades.
So are you just gonna leave us hanging or what?!?

BTW, those two machines look great together.
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

DaveB

#9: Post by DaveB »

cnworld wrote:The new self locking adjustment is a big improvement. I also prefer the safty top you can just dump the beans into instead of the walnut cover you have to remove.
Interesting about the new safety top vs wooden cap.

So to make a grind adjustment, do you simply turn the funnel, or lift up and turn the funnel and then it locks back into place?
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

RyanJE

#10: Post by RyanJE »

funny about the opinions on the safety cap. I actually prefer the wood cap as it doubles as my "puffer" rather than my palm and looks better.
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....