KafaTek Monolith Concial: Production Run #10 User Experience - Page 9

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Dmitry100

#81: Post by Dmitry100 »

Man, if only people didn't spend their days analyzing grind particles of their $3,000 grinders, I think we would have found the cure for cancer by now :D :lol:

BaristaBob (original poster)

#82: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) replying to Dmitry100 »

That might certainly be true, but since I'm no bio-physicist I might as well try to maximize everyone's enjoyment of caffeine! :lol:
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Advertisement

#83: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) »

Just camping on to what a few people have uncovered about using something a little more sophisticated than a palm pump to remove the last little bit of coffee grinds from this grinder. This hiking cup really, really does the trick and it sits well on the top of the grinder with or without the safety funnel. Not sure how it will sit on the gen3 angled models, but it should still work, IMO. Use it upside down and puff all the air you need to clear the grinder 100%. Get the 250ml size, and I chose gray for the color. $10 through Amazon. Here are some pics.

YseanY

#84: Post by YseanY »

BaristaBob wrote:Just camping on to what a few people have uncovered about using something a little more sophisticated than a palm pump to remove the last little bit of coffee grinds from this grinder. This hiking cup really, really does the trick and it sits well on the top of the grinder with or without the safety funnel. Not sure how it will sit on the gen3 angled models, but it should still work, IMO. Use it upside down and puff all the air you need to clear the grinder 100%. Get the 250ml size, and I chose gray for the color. $10 through Amazon. Here are some pics.

<image><image><image>
I assume you have to remove it to "reset" and expand the cup everytime?

chris_n

#85: Post by chris_n »

no, i think he is using it in its compressed form to move air.

#86: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) »

YseanY wrote:I assume you have to remove it to "reset" and expand the cup everytime?
Hi Sean,
No...that's the neat thing...using it upside down just flexes the silicon disk to make it act like a puffer not a cup. It never expands when pushed from the opposite side. Just like chris_n said.

Maybe a video would show it better?

Randy G.

#87: Post by Randy G. »

Video, yes, please...
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Advertisement
YseanY

#88: Post by YseanY »

BaristaBob wrote:Hi Sean,
No...that's the neat thing...using it upside down just flexes the silicon disk to make it act like a puffer not a cup. It never expands when pushed from the opposite side. Just like chris_n said.

Maybe a video would show it better?
Thanks! Video would be great. Also, if you could see if it would fit the grinder without the safety funnel would be appreciated. I don't have the safety funnel so not sure if there's a size that would fit.

#89: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) replying to YseanY »

The same size works with and without the safety funnel.

For around $10 you can't go wrong, imo.

sluflyer06

#90: Post by sluflyer06 »

For me, words cannot describe how perfect this thing is for puffing grounds.

https://www.amazon.com/Giottos-AA1900-R ... way&sr=8-3

(I removed the red part btw) it fits perfect in the little bean hole and is stronk.