Kafatek hints about new Conical Model - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#11: Post by mivanitsky »

Kafatek Monolith Conical 3. The next evolution of Monolith Conical. Burrs are bigger than 68mm by a little. Some workflow optimizations. About the same in the cup as the recent batch of Conical grinders. I've been using one for 3-4 weeks. I will be buying one to cohabit with MAX at my house. The contrast is enjoyable and interesting, and the quality is equivalent. I can pull similar shots on both grinders for the same coffee, and they are generally excellent pulled to the same parameters. Some coffees are preferred on one or another, but most taste great on both, just a bit different.

I have tried about 14 coffees with the MC3 and MAX, all but one of which were very light roasts. One does not have to have a Flat grinder for light roasts. This is the case for the previous batch as well, even with the older burrs. The new burrs are of more precise/consistent/higher quality than the previous 68mm burrset.

CwD

#12: Post by CwD »

If it's a tiny bit conical does this mean it's a Monolith DRM grinder? There's three letters in DRM so that explains the 3. And the 3 isn't an exponent but rather lifted to symbolize the illuminati eye in the pyramid, for Denis to subtly brag about his control over the common coffee enthusiast.

Anyway, I'll take off my tinfoil hat now. I need that foil for my new distribution method.

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#13: Post by mivanitsky »

Not DRM. Straight up Conical.

CwD

#14: Post by CwD »

I was entirely joking about the amount of speculation going on based just off the letters "MC3" resembling conspiracy theorists

redbone

#15: Post by redbone »

Little larger in conical burrs from 68mm is 71mm as found in Mazzer Robur single phase,
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

hankua
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by hankua »

sspgrind conical burr?

Bluecold

#17: Post by Bluecold »

redbone wrote:Little larger in conical burrs from 68mm is 71mm as found in Mazzer Robur single phase,
Both the Robur 71mm burr and the more generic 68mm conical burrs have the same od on the inner burr (49mm). Grind surface wise, they are exactly the same.
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

sluflyer06 (original poster)

#18: Post by sluflyer06 (original poster) replying to Bluecold »

I was going to post to say the robur 71 and 68 are are the same, it's only the outer diameter of the outer burr that changes, but you beat me to it!

Also, I wasn't aware Compak (K10) 68mm burrs were considered generic, is that the case?

rcurty

#19: Post by rcurty »

Exciting! I just hope it's not manual.

HRC-E.B.

#20: Post by HRC-E.B. »

Having a conical on order from the most recent batch, I feel a bit deflated, as some part of me was glad that this meant there was no more step ups possible and I had the best of the best. Now it'll only be the entry level best... :?