JT64/ LR Lufeibao 64mm Grinder - Page 6

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Giampiero

#51: Post by Giampiero »

luca wrote:This is great; it's visually very similar to the Ultra, but, of course, no one is discussing that it's missing the single most important feature of the Ultra, namely the burr alignment shim posts.
It does not work properly at the first released version and you expect we pretend it have the most important Ultra feature...for a third of the price? :lol:

EvanOz85

#52: Post by EvanOz85 »

luca wrote:This is great; it's visually very similar to the Ultra, but, of course, no one is discussing that it's missing the single most important feature of the Ultra, namely the burr alignment shim posts.
Apart from the aesthetics, no one here was really comparing it to the Ultra at all.

Advertisement
ira
Team HB

#53: Post by ira »

Giampiero wrote:To whom have access to the chinese discussion forum, does the motor is a normal dc motor, caged in a look alike servo body or is a "real" servo motor?
Given it seems to be just a big power brick and when it wasn't enough they just got a bigger one, I'd guess it's not a servo motor. I've been pondering that question since the first post in this thread and nothing I've seen has changed my mind.

graphidz

#54: Post by graphidz »

I'm reminded of that China made triangular grinder which fits 64mm and a 58mm burr set for some reason. Wonder how that one is going.

Giampiero

#55: Post by Giampiero replying to graphidz »

asamimasa (original poster)

#56: Post by asamimasa (original poster) »

EvanOz85

#57: Post by EvanOz85 »

That review was very poorly done. Brian spent most of the time laughing through it, and didn't even pull a shot.

I just hope this grinder gets the slight tweaks it needs ASAP because I find the idea of it to be very exciting.

Advertisement
Jeff
Team HB

#58: Post by Jeff »

Sorry the review isn't up to the infomercial standards of other reviewers.

Can we just splice in a shot of someone pulling a shot and saying how great it tastes?

First off, I know that several shots have been pulled on that grinder. Secondly. do you really think that the same burr in two, competently designed and executed grinders is going to taste noticeably different?

EvanOz85

#59: Post by EvanOz85 »

Jeff wrote:Sorry the review isn't up to the infomercial standards of other reviewers.
No one mentioned other reviewers or "infomercial standards". Just because someone doesn't enjoy a review, doesn't mean they're saying it should be done like other reviewers. Not sure where you're coming from at all, tbh. If someone says a hamburger sucks, would you come back with "Sorry it's not up to the standards of McDonald's"? :lol:

And I don't think I mentioned anything about the taste, either. I'm interested in seeing shots pulled to check for consistency and commentary on the alignment.

But anyways. Hoping for a better review soon.

EvanOz85

#60: Post by EvanOz85 »

New version has been released, as seen in this video: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1zU4y1 ... om=333.337

I confirmed with the seller on AliExpress that they have the new version in stock, and it should be shipping to me within 48 hours. Will report back with pics and thoughts when it arrives.