JT64/ LR Lufeibao 64mm Grinder - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
EvanOz85

#41: Post by EvanOz85 »

Giampiero wrote:Maybe confused, for me was not clear if the grinds time was only due to the low Unknown RPM, the video cleared to me that it was even due to the compulsory slow feeding to avoid the motor stall :wink:
Yeah, he posted another video grinding a dose of espresso at medium speed in about 26 seconds. It's plenty fast enough.

I want one of these so bad to throw in my travel coffee suitcase along with my Flair 58. Just waiting for the major kinks to be worked out.

zellleonhart

#42: Post by zellleonhart replying to EvanOz85 »

Last update from the chinese discussion group, it seems that the manufacturer has finally found the right adapter supplier. The V2 should be released quite soon. However the adapter size is very likely to be bigger (not sure by how much) than the V1 adapter due to higher power output, I think it will be tough to fit into a travel suitcase.

Advertisement
RedPanda

#43: Post by RedPanda replying to zellleonhart »

Not much bigger, the newer one was posted a few pages back:

JT64/ LR Lufeibao 64mm Grinder

zellleonhart

#44: Post by zellleonhart »

RedPanda wrote: Not much bigger, the newer one was posted a few pages back:

JT64/ LR Lufeibao 64mm Grinder
Consider the original one is already huge, it was already not portable enough to travel with.

EvanOz85

#45: Post by EvanOz85 replying to zellleonhart »

Depends how you travel. I have an entire suitcase for my coffee equipment with foam inserts cut to form. This would easily fit in it.

Giampiero

#46: Post by Giampiero replying to EvanOz85 »

Do you ever consider the SPTK-38G?

RedPanda

#47: Post by RedPanda »

That increase in length is the size of my thumb nail....... If your travel means something with wheels then likely it should be portable enough for "most" people.
If you travel with a laptop, an option is to buy usb-c to the barrel tip converter (depending on the power output of your laptop brick)

I myself follow the weight rule for travel (i am a carry on person) so 1.5lb is the max weight (laptop), so the machine itself I dont consider as "portable", hell most hand grinders fail my travel preferences in that regard. But most people dont do ultralight for travel..... so it is "possible"

Advertisement
EvanOz85

#48: Post by EvanOz85 »

Giampiero wrote:Do you ever consider the SPTK-38G?
That's a conical grinder, and I already have a Helor 106 in the suitcase. Looking at this one specifically for the 64mm flats.

Giampiero

#49: Post by Giampiero »

To whom have access to the chinese discussion forum, does the motor is a normal dc motor, caged in a look alike servo body or is a "real" servo motor?

luca
Team HB

#50: Post by luca »

This is great; it's visually very similar to the Ultra, but, of course, no one is discussing that it's missing the single most important feature of the Ultra, namely the burr alignment shim posts.
LMWDP #034 | 2011: Q Exam, WBrC #3, Aus Cup Tasting #1 | Insta: @lucacoffeenotes