Is the Ultra Grinder a Monolith copy? - Page 7

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
wachuko

#61: Post by wachuko »

knumph wrote:Anyone know the best workaround for viewing videos in this site from America? Great find btw
Huh? Works fine for me... no additional software in place to see them... Orlando, FL...

Saw another video there about retention...

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ne411W7VF/
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

sprolever

#62: Post by sprolever »

Cool video, so does that mean that the Ultra Grinder was already available in 2016?

What year was the first monolith launched?

luvmy40

#63: Post by luvmy40 replying to sprolever »

Both those videos were dated 2020

sprolever

#64: Post by sprolever »

Yep, sorry I saw 16-05 thought it was May 2016.

mcnallyf

#65: Post by mcnallyf »

Bluecold wrote:@rytopia, LaPeppina
This is a Monolith copy. From the red collar, the exposed motor, the sliding pillar upper burr mounting, to the magnetic chute.

You can delude yourself any which way you like. In the long run, the coffee community will suffer as no one will invest in bringing a new product to market if it will be copied within a moment's notice, and people support that behavior.

People complain about a lack of innovation, but refuse to support the innovators. Instead, they support those who copy original work.
This is not a copy of the Monolith!! This grinder actually looks to be better built than the monolith, at least to me it does from the pictures I have seen. The Monolith relies on the adjustment thread of the upper burr mount to keep the burrs parallel, where the ultra uses 4 posts with bushings like a die set. I could care less about the color, the way it is built mechanically, is quite a bit different. I am glad to see another fine grinder arise. Maybe I can actually purchase one of these instead of being on a waiting list and not quite making the lottery for one.

mr2andy

#66: Post by mr2andy »

sprolever wrote:Cool video, so does that mean that the Ultra Grinder was already available in 2016?

What year was the first monolith launched?
The "Pre-2015" meant the burr installed is the pre-2015 ek43 burr. This is a newly released grinder I believe.

ira
Team HB

#67: Post by ira »

I ordered my Flat in the very first group Oct 10, 2016. The first group was conicals a few months before that. But if you go back in history you will find that the first version was made a couple of years before that. I believe it first came to the attention of HB after Dennis made his second one and passes the first one on to a member who showed it off here.

Ira

ira
Team HB

#68: Post by ira »

Out of curiosity, what happened to the pre-order countdown timer? I was watching it count down and now it's gone but I'm sure its not expired yet.

Ira

yoshiod9

#69: Post by yoshiod9 »

ira wrote:Out of curiosity, what happened to the pre-order countdown timer? I was watching it count down and now it's gone but I'm sure its not expired yet.

Ira
Still shows up for me? https://levercraftcoffee.com/pages/ultra-grinder

ronncat

#70: Post by ronncat »

Started to peruse the forums again recently.

Cracked up when I saw this thread :D

THIS is a Monolith copy...

Monoleeth Flat Pour Over Grinder