Is there anyone who experienced burr re-sharpening service?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
lhs1859

#1: Post by lhs1859 »

hi

I am looking for pictures of re-sharpened burr. but I cannot find any of them.

Is there any differences between re-sharpend one and brand new one?

Thanks for your help.

and I am KOREA. SORRY for my poor English.

number9

#2: Post by number9 »

I tend to agree with this post. Depending on which grinder you have, burrs are typically very cheap, and they should last a long time (are they just dirty, or are they unavailable to get a replacement set)?

Alan Frew

#3: Post by Alan Frew »

I can't speak for any other manufacturer, and there are no before and after pictures, but I've regularly sent burrs back to Ditting for resharpening. They send them back perfectly sharp and with aluminium spacers to make up for the lost metal. However, if the cost of new burrs was less than or equal to the cost of resharpening, of course I'd buy new ones.

Alan

lhs1859 (original poster)

#4: Post by lhs1859 (original poster) »

Thanks for your kind answer.

deepredmelodies10

#5: Post by deepredmelodies10 »

I actually caused unintended damage to the burrs of this amazing Spong No. 2 by running it too fine (I was following a tutorial on how to set it for espresso, which advised that the inevitable rub on this old grinder would not wear it out). Now I am wondering if there's anyone out there who knows of a way to recondition these kinds of burrs?

The pourover and espresso shots are delicious from this grinder, and I'm definitely sad that I damaged it by accident.

On the pics, you can see that especially the big burr has been sanded off on the outer rim... :(