Inexpensive Chinese Ghost Burr Grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
sweaner

#1: Post by sweaner »

I just received this grinder. I will use it in the office for brewed coffee, though I didn't really need it!

It is actually quite nice so far. It is small, actually quiet, and seems to produce decent grinds for brew.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284719 ... 4c4dyZOMIu
Scott
LMWDP #248

njw

#2: Post by njw »

let us know how it is! i've been heavily considering a fuji royal r220 or OE apex, but i believe user denis has had a good experience with this one, and it seems similar to the r220:

https://h5.aliexpress.com/item/32933018712.html

Advertisement
ripvanmd

#3: Post by ripvanmd »

sweaner wrote:I just received this grinder. I will use it in the office for brewed coffee, though I didn't really need it!

It is actually quite nice so far. It is small, actually quiet, and seems to produce decent grinds for brew.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284719 ... 4c4dyZOMIu
I am happy you've had a good experience with this grinder. I did purchase the variable speed version and would NOT recommend based on poor quality and the fact that it was completely underpowered even at the max speed. I went with the Fuji from Fengjen in Taiwan (110v, 60hz model) and the quality was leagues ahead. You pay for it though, it ain't cheap.

redbone

#4: Post by redbone »

njw wrote:let us know how it is! i've been heavily considering a fuji royal r220 or OE apex, but i believe user denis has had a good experience with this one, and it seems similar to the r220:

https://h5.aliexpress.com/item/32933018712.html
I own this model (as per link) use daily for pour over / drip and moka. Large burrs grind fast with low fines. Never had a stalling issue with light or dark roasts. Very low retention, easy to clean and disassemble. Purchased from same seller as that's my comment in feedback area.

Buying Chinese knockoff grinders
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Bluecold

#5: Post by Bluecold »

Please do note that these chinese grinders don't have any safety guarding whatsoever.
I have given a few similar grinders to family (have not seen them before with the 'ghost teeth' before, and I must say I'm intrigued), but they can be dangerous to those who are conditioned that if you can stick your fingers in machinery, it's probably safe to do so. I don't know how 'corporate' your office is, but something to keep in mind.
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

neohk

#6: Post by neohk »

Wouldn't use products made in China even if it was free lol

redbone

#7: Post by redbone »

Bluecold wrote:Please do note that these chinese grinders don't have any safety guarding whatsoever.
I have given a few similar grinders to family (have not seen them before with the 'ghost teeth' before, and I must say I'm intrigued), but they can be dangerous to those who are conditioned that if you can stick your fingers in machinery, it's probably safe to do so. I don't know how 'corporate' your office is, but something to keep in mind.
Bean hopper / funnel does incorporate a diverter both preventing fingers from accessing auger directly and aide with popcorning. Chute also incorporates a closing slider. Grinder is fused.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Advertisement
iBrew

#8: Post by iBrew »

neohk wrote:Wouldn't use products made in China even if it was free lol
Almost everything is made in China, I also prefer my products not to be made there and willing to pay more for that but I certainly wouldn't isolate myself from China made products.

iBrew

#9: Post by iBrew »

I would love to see how these grinders do against the OE Apex and/or the Fuji Royal R-220.

njw

#10: Post by njw replying to iBrew »

i would certainly be interested in this as well