How about we stop picking on Baratza Sette for being too noisy? - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
dpiette
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by dpiette »

With the caveat that I am not a sound engineer, and the app I downloaded to my phone is NOT CALIBRATED (Sound Analyzer), this morning I laid my phone adjance to my Sette 270W (parallel to the grinder, the bottom of the phone aligned with the front of the grinder) I got this:

I have the grinder set to 15g, I think I got 15.1 on this run.

I have a rotary pump that fills the boiler in my Quickmill Achilles, so I did not take that as a comparison (but perhaps I should).

When I have more time, I will set up my old Mahlkonig Pro-M, but so few people used that it will be of no use to most of you.

But it is loud. I am just trying to introduce some data. (How loud is it???)
you can't win,
you can't break even,
you have to play.
-the three laws of thermodynamics

kyle anderson
Sponsor

#22: Post by kyle anderson »

HI Javier,
We are continually working to improve our products and as such the noise reduction is a culmination of about 4 minor tweaks. The latest of the 4 tweaks was completed and in production units as of February 2018. Since we have been scrambling to keep up with demand, we ship everything we have to our re-sellers as soon as it arrives in our warehouse. All of our resellers have had these improved units since late March 2018. The bead-blasted burrs were in production units since late November 2017.
Regards,
Kyle

Advertisement
Deebo

#23: Post by Deebo »

fwit, I put a new gearhouse in mine and it has been nitceably quieter. Grind quality is ok, but nowhere near my compak. The sette wins in retention, that's about it.
Think it, but don't overthink it...

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#24: Post by baristainzmking »

I find that the new Sette 270 Wi is much quieter than the Sette 270. I also find the grind quality excellent and the retention is minimal/not worth worrying about. What I love about it that I am able to single dose on the daily basis and use the hopper when the company comes over, with equally good results. I also had an opportunity to use Mazzer Mini type A and a Mazzer super jolly and both had a lot of clumping...quite surprising. For the money, I love my Sette.
Julia