Hoppers for Mazzer Kony

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Armand

#1: Post by Armand »

I stumbled upon a brand new Mazzer Kony for a little less than 1000 euros, couldn't resist the opportunity and bought it. Looking at the pics it seems to come with a hopper that holds bags of (lavazza) beans, no idea if it comes with the regular hopper included too but that seems really is to big. I can't find other hoppers for the kony specifically but can for the mini, super jolly and major, will any of those fit? On Mazzer's site they just list 2 hoppers 320g (only for mini? ) and 1kg

Randy G.

#2: Post by Randy G. »

I just removed the clear portion of the hopper and left the black collar. You can dose the first extraction, close the gate, then place the second dose in the collar. When ready to brew the second dose just open the gate.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Armand (original poster)

#3: Post by Armand (original poster) »

I prefer filling up the hopper for about a week, any idea which hoppers would be compatible?

Randy G.

#4: Post by Randy G. replying to Armand »

Not a clue. Been making espresso at home and roasting my own coffee since late in 2000 and wouldn"t think of leaving my beans exposed to the atmosphere for a week at a time. If you search for "singlev dosing" here on home barista you will see that there are many others who go to great lengths here to avoid using the hopper as well.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

SteveRhinehart

#5: Post by SteveRhinehart »

The Kony uses a unique hopper which IIRC is not compatible with other Mazzer grinders. The closest might be the ZM hopper, but I am not confident that will actually fit the Kony. The Major/Robur hopper is also not compatible with the Kony.