HG-1 Prime user experience - Page 9

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
flexyrhead

#81: Post by flexyrhead »

EvanOz85 wrote:Anyone have recommendations for getting beans into the funnel? The space between the funnel and the top of the grinder is extremely small; too small to tip my dosing cup into.
Can't go wrong with the Loveramics dosing trays, which are on sale right now. https://usa.loveramics.com/products/cha ... sing-trays I hand-threw my own version of these after using a friend's set, and it works great for both the Weber Key and Versalab M4 - which I think has even less space from funnel to top than the HGs and Key.

adrianmsmith

#82: Post by adrianmsmith »

Unsure if it is due to granite worktops or not but my prime sits firmly in place and requires a good tug to move it.
Just wipe the granite and base of the grinder with a slightly damp microfibre cloth.
With both surfaces damp not wet if that makes sense....
Place the grinder firmly and leave it 5 minutes.
Its just like you glued it in place but can be moved when required.

Advertisement
EvanOz85

#83: Post by EvanOz85 »

Yep, I have mine sitting on a glass tabletop and it's as if it's glued on. No chance of it coming loose even when grinding the lightest roasts.

RedPanda

#84: Post by RedPanda »

intjester wrote:Would love to, but I don't see it for sale.
https://weberworkshops.com/collections/parts
this is the Lyn's version of the HG-1 (he split from Weber when they were partners)

so the correct link is: https://craiglyn.com/product/hg-1-prime/

but eh you cant order atm given they are on a planned vacation

intjester

#85: Post by intjester replying to RedPanda »

I don't think you've read and understood the thread. I asked for a popcorn lid for an HG-1P I own as Craig Lyn doesn't currently sell one. Someone suggested the Key lid exists and in theory is interchangeable. I point out that Weber doesn't have that part for sale separately.

Regardless, I wrote to ask CLS if they plan to make a cover and Craig was nice enough to send me a file that can be CNCd in the meantime before they have one up for sale.

LindoPhotography

#86: Post by LindoPhotography »

So has anyone actually compared with the HG-2?

GregoryJ

#87: Post by GregoryJ »

Can anyone comment on grind speed for medium-dark roasted coffees?

Advertisement
chipman

#88: Post by chipman »

It's a manual grinder.

GregoryJ

#89: Post by GregoryJ »

GregoryJ wrote:Can anyone comment on grind speed for medium-dark roasted coffees?
I asked this question to Craig, and he said for 20g of a medium roast it takes 50 turns, ~30 seconds.

EvanOz85

#90: Post by EvanOz85 replying to GregoryJ »

I have an HG-1 Prime, and this is correct. Absolutely love this grinder after aligning and seasoning it.